LegacyGT.com

Blouch 18g, will it fit?

I have a 2005 OBXT that I would eventually like to put more power into, and I just found a used Blouch 18g with a Grimmspeed DP on Facebook for a little under $300. ~20k miles on it. It came off of his 05 WRX with an STI swap, due to the engine having a cracked cylinder.

I've been looking through posts on here and other places all day today and yesterday, and can't find if this exact turbo will fit. So two questions:

1. Will this turbo even bolt on? 2005 OBXT limited 5MT

2. Is it worth buying a turbo with 20k miles on it? Or should I wait until I can but one new that I know for sure fits.

I know it would need supporting mods and a tune, what would I need? I wouldn't install it until I had everything else.

If there's a thread that covers this that I missed, please link it.

Thank you!e3f1a1de2a15a070961fc4fc6c37c4aa.jpg72c11130c4490c0fdea2c2a99a85fd5d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It won't fit your outback without an aftermarket intercooler that allows for that style compressor housing. The ones in production right now that provide that are the Grimmspeed intercooler and knock off Process West intercoolers (process west doesn't make it anymore but knock offs still do). Also, a front mount would allow for it.

a blouch 18g is right on the cusp of needing a ton of parts. If you run a moderate boost level, you can get away with stock injectors and fuel pump and clutch. But if you want to maximize it (and you WILL get the itch) you're going to need bigger injectors (conversion to top feed), stronger clutch, higher duty fuel pump, and praying to your deity of choice that your internals will be sufficient.

So the bare minimum would be a new intercooler that's compatible, but you'd best also get a top feed conversion kit with bigger injectors and fuel pump, clutch, and also an electronic boost control solenoid if you haven't already.