LegacyGT.com

ATP Exhaust Cutout + Protuning

styx0r

Ok, here's the deal.

I want to have a quiet Legacy for daily driving. I don't want to spend $ on a cat back, because the stock system is very quiet and the stock look is fine w/me.

But, I want to have the ability to use 3in pipe w/no restrictions from the turbo - out, on demand.

My plan:

catless UP -> Turbo -> 3in DP -> 3in midpipe w/ ATP cutout welded in the middle (it comes with a "T" pipe) -> stock axle-back.

The ATP cutout is boost actuated. You plug it into a vac/boost line and when boost pressure exceeds the springrate on the actuator, it opens. So - normal restrictive exhaust out of boost, then 7psi+, cutout is open - full 3in.

Now, my big question: Can this be tuned for effectively? Remember - any time the car goes out of boost, the cutout closes. While it does open and shut quickly, the movement is not instant.

I want one tune that will function properly with the cutout open or closed (and when I say properly, I mean full 3in power levels once the cutout is open + no strain on the stock system when it is not). I would like to spend less than $1500 on a dyno tune + ECUtek or dyno tune + AP.

So, can I have my cake and eat it too?

Please, discuss.

idk if a tuner would be able to tune for the atp cutout since you could go in and out of boost frequently/rapidly. maybe instead of using the atp you could go with a qtp with is switch opperated so you can control when the cutout is open/closed. this would help the tuner out alot to since he could make a map for daily driving and then a different map for when you wanna use the cutout.

for a cutout you would wanna run a ecutek since you can have multiple maps for when the cutout is open/closed.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

Archived