LegacyGT.com

Stainless Exhaust Systems

I currently have the stock exhaust with a stainless 5" Nameless axle back. The tips on the muffler are starting to crack so Nameless is replacing the tips under warranty even though the mufflers are three years old. They are putting on single wall instead of the double wall tips. They seemed to have problems with the early double wall tips cracking.

While removing the Nameless mufflers to put the stock mufflers on for now, I noticed the rest of the exhaust system was in really bad shape as far as rust goes. The flanges where the mufflers attach to were peeling in layers of rust and are getting real thin. Eventually the whole system will need replacing very soon and may be an excuse to get the Raptor headers to have a complete stainless system.

I did a quick search and can't find much of a complete system in stainless for the 3.6. If I remember correctly, will a cat back system from the 2010-2012 GT fit the 3.6 directly?

Not quite directly- the front needs to be shortened a little (as I recall, could be that it has to be lengthened) and the flange needs to be rotated. You'll probably be getting some fab work done in that area anyway due to the factory cats not being able to survive with the Raptor headers for very long, so assuming you do get the headers, a GT exhaust will won't really be any less bolt-on than anything else.

Thanks. I got some homework to do as far as finding what fits. I don't see this exhaust system lasting more than another year or so.

I have never seen an exhaust system rust out this bad in only 6 years. I had a 2000 Chevy Impala before this car that I bought new. It had 78,000 miles on it when I sold it. The exhaust system on that car had very minimal rust on it. The only problem I had on that car was the resonator developed a small crack at the flange weld 3 years ago right before I sold it.

• 4 weeks later...

Nameless is awesome to deal with. Great people that work there. They replaced the complete axle back with a brand new set. The new set has 4" single wall tips that fill out the bumper cut outs a lot nicer than the double wall tips.

wotltGN.jpg

Nameless is awesome to deal with. Great people that work there. They replaced the complete axle back with a brand new set. The new set has 4" single wall tips that fill out the bumper cut outs a lot nicer than the double wall tips.

wotltGN.jpg

Good to know! I want to get one for my car, especially since I’ve noticed that if I’ve got the windows shut, between the engine being as smooth as it is and it being so quiet, I keep thinking it died at stop lights. Look at the tach and it’s still purring away...

$500 isn’t in the budget right now. Maybe if I get the silly raise I asked for it work, it will be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk