LegacyGT.com

2019 and Buying Brakes

Starting a new thread on an old topic because there is a lot of dead/outdated threads with links to companies that no longer exist...

*Where* can I buy new brakes for my 2005 Legacy GT? Specifically, 4+ piston fronts and 2+ piston rears? I see that Jegs (of all places) sells Stoptech kits, and I'm not opposed to this, but what other options do I still have?

I've had my '05 LGT since November of '04, did a lot of the "basic" mods to the car, stopped for a while and have the itch again. I've already replaced the pads, fluid, lines, etc., and rebuilt the factory calipers after a bad incident with re-manufactured ones.

It's been a very, very long time since I last smoked the brakes on this car, and have no real *need* to replace the brakes, I just really, really want to.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I used rebuilt calipers from my local NAPA. Great warranty, if you have a issue they are right there to fix it.

I had issues with the right front. They even delivered replacement to my house, six months past the 12 month warranty, it had an issue, stopped in with the bad caliper, they gave me the new one for free.

Replacing all the calipers was the best thing I did for the brakes in years.

also I just bought front Brembo pads from Tirerack.com, well put them on...some day before Winter.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Unless you track the car heavily, you are wasting money. I use Hawk HPS 5.0 on all 4 corners "blue" fluid lmao, grimmspeed master cylinder brace and SS lines. I slow the car down daily from 120+, and it will put you in the windshield. Most important part is bedding the pads and rotors / good tires.. Good luck!