LegacyGT.com

Parts Interchangeability

Hi - have a 2004 Legacy 35th Anniversary sedan that my son drives. He rear-ended someone and I'm now in need of a new hood and front fenders. Does anyone know if the parts from a 1999 - 2004 Wagon will also fit?

A potentially stupid question as well. I see Subaru Legacy Outbacks listed locally for parts....is that the same as a Subaru Legacy Wagon; different name for the same thing?

Thanks!

2000-2004 Legacy

Sedan and wagon in front are the same.

O.

Thanks.

Confusing that people list things as a Legacy Outback. From what I can tell, the earlier Legacy cars had an Outback trim package, but later the two became different their own models in the latter 90s. Probably some carry-over in the way people refer to them.

Thanks.

Confusing that people list things as a Legacy Outback. From what I can tell, the earlier Legacy cars had an Outback trim package, but later the two became different their own models in the latter 90s. Probably some carry-over in the way people refer to them.

The evolution of the brand. The Outback was originally just a trim level then became it's own model. Available as both sedan and wagon. Then the Impreza had an Outback model, hence why Legacy Outback was used to differentiate from the Impreza model.

See cars 101.com for full details.

O.