LegacyGT.com

3 new models for Australia

6speed and bilstein suspension for the 3.0R-B, but not an option on the HIGHER HORSEPOWER GT 2.0 TwinScroll. (190kW, rather than 3.0's 180kW) That sux. At least the GT 2.0 gets a 5spd. Sucks that the relative pooch of a 3.0 gets the nice stuff, but the faster, lighter GT doesn't. I hope the same doesn't happen in the USDM. Bring the 6mt and bilstein suspension over for the GT 2.5! Don't need a 3.0R, at least not while they are tuned like the 3.0Rs have been so far. Turbo'd and "STi'd" 3.0 H6 making 400hp, and similar torque would be nice, though.

IWSS, this is true although have u ever gotten what you have asked for????? It would have been nice if they threw the 6MT into the GT and while they were at it, shoehorned the 2.5GT into the Oz-Spec as well. Didnt happen but its on Santa's list of things for Xmas. And besides, the salesppl wouldnt be able to see u make strange faces while you worked out the options list in the pros and cons game between all the specs. Im sure if it happened to the JDM model, Im sure it will happen to the USDM too, but then again, stranger things have happened.

The 5mt GT expense probably has to do with tooling costs for the factory to build those to order, as they won't be selling them in batches to dealers for inventory. That just means it will be a rarer beast. not all bad, but I can see not wanting the hit on the wallet for an MT over the EAT. If the 3.0R-B comes to the USDM with the bilstein suspension, I'll buy it second hand, or from the parts counter and put it on a GT 2.5 before buying a 3.0R, simply because the 3.0 h6 is slower than the 2.0TS, and 2.5 turbo. If the 3.0R is supposed to be near luxury, why does it have more sport options (6mt, and bilstein suspesion, specifically) than the fastest version in the lineup, the GT turbo? I'd rather the GT have the stiffer suspension and 6MT, and less standard equipment (but a long options list) for weight and price savings. Then the more laid back 3.0R could have the 5EAT/5MT, and more luxo options standard for the higher price. (I'd option a GT up to near-luxo level, if I could afford it, anyway.) Marketing the 3.0R as more of a *sport* sedan than the GT turbo is a mistake, IMHO. The GT is the current sport option, the 3.0R is more of a near-luxo highway cruiser. (Just look at their respective dyno curves...) Why else would the 3.0R Outback sedan exist? The legacy version would just be a bit lower, and less "Paul Hogan."

Archived