LegacyGT.com

Unbelievable!!

Been doing all the maintenance and getting parts put on as I have time. Put the fuel filter and AEM340lph pump in last week. Fuel trims improved and correction went down to ~+4.

Figured I would change the plugs and put in my upgraded coils...

Passenger front was SK20HR11

Passenger rear was IKH20

Driver front was LFR6AIX

Driver rear was IKH20

What in the literal Fu**! Gaps ranged from .033 to .045

Just venting, Not even sure how that happens.. Lazy shops most likely... That solved my "rough" idle... Smdh

Runs great now, replaced all with SILFR6A plugs ( going e85)

I hope you put the new plugs in with the gap set at .028"

The fuel pump shouldn't change much of anything. The fuel pressure regulator will only allow so much. What did the old fuel filter look like ? Was is dirty ?

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

PO probably did one at a time as it would throw a misfire and didn't want to pay to have them all done.

I could be wrong but I thought the SILFR6A were iridium with the plastic caps over the threads indicating to not check the gap because it can damage the electrode.

Lmao, to be honest, everybody should change theirs. My previous LGT started leaning out upper rpm on the Dyno, that's how we knew. I just replaced this one for maintenance ( and the pump ).

I didn't take pictures of a filter lol, I thought about it, but it looks the same just very dark. No way to tell by look if it is good, if you get that far might as well just change it.

Going to need a new front subframe, a couple of the blind welded nuts are just turning... Whomever worked on this car should have put the air tools down..

FWIW, here's mine from last Fall or was it the year before that. Somewhere around 250,000 miles.

DSCN7869.thumb.JPG.f3b83f045ef4338685206ad96a9379e0.JPG

DSCN7877.thumb.JPG.2774a6e8509fbf03f62217732b27d78a.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here