LegacyGT.com

Air Intake

First off, Ive been on ultimate forever, why didnt I find out about this site until today? Anywho, glad to see you exist.

Anybody remove their filter box and replace it with an air take cone and pipe directly into the engine? Still deciding if I wanna do it or not. Any details would be sweet.

I have seen them all. I was going for a injen cold air which goes into your fender. but I learned of a new and cheaper way to make a intake. go to meineke and have them bend you a pipe from your air box on top of your engine to the the front piece that sits next to you grill. it cost me $6 for the pipe and bending. I have noticed a little bit of response. but if you want to go the expensive route I'd say injen. go with the fender one, the cone will get dirtier quicker and you'll have to clean it more frequently.

Welcome...since you are new I won't flame you too bad;)

SEARCH

Wait for the COBB SF intake , it should be out in Dec.

I have a Perrin & I will be purchasing the COBB unit as soon as it is avail.

It is mainly a audible mod..unless you get a custom tune it will give you NO performance increase.

Oh wait I just saw what year your car is....they are already avail. for your car:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Welcome...since you are new I won't flame you too bad;)

SEARCH

Wait for the COBB SF intake , it should be out in Dec.

I have a Perrin & I will be purchasing the COBB unit as soon as it is avail.

It is mainly a audible mod..unless you get a custom tune it will give you NO performance increase.

Oh wait I just saw what year your car is....they are already avail. for your car:)

Already available eh....woo hoo. Patience is not me at all. Any thoughts on cost. You can get injens on ebay for anywhere from $15 to $200.

shoot your looking new intakes injen 250$-375$, Cobb 175$-300$, HKS 200$-325$. Look around, I wouldn't buy a used one unless you know it's in good condition. Also look at the older Legacy performance threads, theres a ton of links there for intakes.

Archived