LegacyGT.com

Falcor's 2011 2.5GT - Build Thread

Keep in mind they are discontinued so you'll have to buy FL's or find another set used.

Hmm. Good to know.

I’m not particularly worried about it. Just more seeing if I can score a good deal and help clear out his garage a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have wanted to add the factory puddle lights on the GT from day one. My 2010 Outback had them when I bought it and I loved them. I finally got around to installing the lights over the weekend. The install took awhile since I took my time and cleaned up the skirts and front splash guards. The attachment method on the lights could be improved since there is not much room to get the plug snapped on the light. Below is a quick write up:

7698074871c1e01641df239d5910ad05.jpg

Remove the inner fender liner and skirt. I cleaned up the skirt and areas behind it since it was off. There are a lot of clips and apparently Subaru figured a few would be broken, so they include new clips for the skirt. Once you are ready to drill the holes, find the 3 marks/divots on the underside of the skirt and use a 7/32" and 1" bit for the holes. I used a spade bit for the 1" holes and also but some painters tape on the skirt just in case.

uc?id=1nGACloZjFa60QuHDLlbxDghpFKokGNUE

uc?id=1l91WPqwwwKqozLFSp7FnC6j9X-pRgqTJ

Here is the holes after the tape is removed:

uc?id=1RHSrGbwqWSPR_lSwLUDWUMVZCPXXvG1G

Once the holes are all drilled you can install the lights. It is a little awkward and takes some time with the limited space and an allen wrench. Also, make sure the plugs face toward the front of the car.

uc?id=1xkJT4dbuGuewgU2ae7d_zohl8ie44Akc

Next, find the plug in front of the fender liner and remove the pink tape and plug cover:

uc?id=1kH72jH1jfgjxZPB39yk-8hWP5mbpxfwr

uc?id=1gmx0igV51sHb3NW0ScmSRhMMcUVMmFsO

It took a bit to figure out how to route the wire loom, but eventually figured out something that worked. Pop the new clips into the skirt and install it first, then the fender liner since it will have some slack.

uc?id=1EDw11_zTtRCjvPHOr7ekLqHYr_4whlKc

Make sure everything works before bolting everything together. I had a pin in the puddle light plug bend up when plugging in the wire harness. There is not much room to get the plug lined up with the screw head right there.

Once done, double check everything and clean up. :)

uc?id=1QrgKzBFMM_W-2bi81R2XkedQrOOJ6GfK

Edited by Falcor