LegacyGT.com

Phone button and modern head unit

We gave my son the Wife's 2011 Legacy. Looking at giving him a new head unit with Android Auto for his Bday.

The question is, has anyone else done it and which module did you use to get the phone button to work.

I have an older module in it now for the Pioneer and steering wheel controls, but it's never been 100%.

Have you checked out what crutchfield has? I upgraded the head unit in my Vette and got everything through them. There was a module that plugs in to the head unit that preserved steering wheel controls, door chime, etc.

i did the seacane thing and the unit had everything needed to communicate with CANBUS controls on steering wheel. It will be dependent upon OEM and what they want to sell in addition to the radio.

I did have to buy 2 things, Nissan antenna adapter for 2.5i base and USB adapter to retain port functionality.

Another member here just upgraded his head unit and used an idatalink module. Golferdude1087 I believe. That module is capable of much more, but from the reviews I have read is very reliable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2010-legacy-base-idatalink-maestro-rr-and-jvc-kwm740bt-277047.html

The Maestro RR module is awesome. From crutchfield. between it and the JVC head unit was one of the best $500 I've ever spent. keeps the steering wheel controls and lets you program each with 2 functions - tap and hold. I would HIGHLY recommend you spend the extra $29 and have them do the 'ready harness'. They do all the wires - you get plug and play harnesses. Well worth it.

For example I have the answer phone button as tap to answer call, and hold to flip to the gauge display. The link above has the gauge display photos

I've since bought a 2010 legacy GT with the harmon kardon stereo, and bought an new JVC (840BT this time) and Maestro RR - works just as well - gauges show me boost & egt :)

One note - on both cars I had to manually set the can bus protocol - its easy to do, but the instructions say it will do it automatically. Neither of mine did - Here is the solution ---> http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=17802

I also learned this weekend the thing will read/display DTC's and clear them! No kidding

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2010-legacy-base-idatalink-maestro-rr-and-jvc-kwm740bt-277047.html

The Maestro RR module is awesome. From crutchfield. between it and the JVC head unit was one of the best $500 I've ever spent. keeps the steering wheel controls and lets you program each with 2 functions - tap and hold. I would HIGHLY recommend you spend the extra $29 and have them do the 'ready harness'. They do all the wires - you get plug and play harnesses. Well worth it.

For example I have the answer phone button as tap to answer call, and hold to flip to the gauge display. The link above has the gauge display photos

I've since bought a 2010 legacy GT with the harmon kardon stereo, and bought an new JVC (840BT this time) and Maestro RR - works just as well - gauges show me boost & egt :)

One note - on both cars I had to manually set the can bus protocol - its easy to do, but the instructions say it will do it automatically. Neither of mine did - Here is the solution ---> http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=17802

I also learned this weekend the thing will read/display DTC's and clear them! No kidding

When you have the gauge display up, can it be combined with the regular display, or do you get one or the other?

When you have the gauge display up, can it be combined with the regular display, or do you get one or the other?

It flips from one screen to the other. You can program the module to flip to any screen you want. It will then flip back to where you were.

It’s really slick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived