LegacyGT.com

'90-'94 were the best built Subarus..so you're good. :-) But getting parts from Subaru will be getting harder.

Tire/wheel fitment is (verY) well covered online - do some searching, too, to see what others have done.

Use this to compare tire sizes: https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Wheels - 5x100 bolt pattern - from most any other 5-bolt Subaru up to 2009-ish will fit. Exceptions are Tribeca, STi, SVX.

So - Forester (watch out for too tall tires*) and Impreza are also options.

I'd get a mid-90's Legacy GT or '02-'07(?) WRX set - 205/55R16 - will fit if you want to stay mostly stock height....they are bit taller and wider.

The '96-'99 OB wheels will fit, but the tires are a LOT taller and may rub on the rear spring perches* (I can't recall 100%).

The LS trims of the early Legacy had nicer wheels/rims, too. ...but finding a clean set may prove challenging.

GL,

Td

Edited by wtdash

That is a sweet car, and super clean!

I vote these, because I'm a sucker for snowflakes:

https://www.autorimshop.com/subaru-legacy-1999-16-wheel-rim-68697-20899.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwwZrmBRA7EiwA4iMzBJS4vtm2Gu6iml-MmuZ4ovsdzuv0XB21vNGdY1XsYeYEsTyOLe3z9hoCEqkQAvD_BwE

I'm sure you can track them down for less on car-part.com, from a scrapyard.

May I ask why you have chosen to invest in an older car model?

This car will definitely need to undergo upgrades or modification.

Because first gens are awesome, what are you doing in this subforum with thinking like that! ;)

Wheels with square cut spokes look sick on first gens, they match the brick like design language. There's Technocasts, and speedlines for that. I also think a good BBS mesh suits these things ultra nice.

Speedlines on the rally cars in the 90's!

782dc7384530bdeffdfd93e531248dc5.jpg

Or the classic 6-spoke speedline

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/padraic555/legacy.jpg

And that design is also available in a split-spoke style

IMG_6142.jpg

Classic JDM Technocasts, available in 17" also of course (i once had a pair of 17's)

IMG_0474.jpg

JDM BBS Mesh wheels as seen factory on BG's in 16" (optianal), or for the facelift the same design was avail as a 17" too.

15395647627_434fac5486_o.jpg

IMG_9644 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

15557975156_0506709cfd_o.jpg

IMG_9635 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

The ultra rare 17" option (they do pop up on croooober from time to time, but would be a good 1-2K once delivered to the states)

39631021740_c26f1df036_o.jpg

IMG_2909 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

For other ideas, here's my winter wheels, JDM 2.0R 4th gen wheels (may have been USDM as well?)

14083243662_1b2581d1b3_o.jpg

IMG_9212 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

Or you could go late model and just rock it, these wheels are also USDM.

47400168842_bc72fc5353_o.jpg

IMG_4622 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

Edited by Reuben

I agree that the square cut spokes speak to the body language. But you go with what’s available. There are some snowflakes for sale locally for $125. With tires. Seems a steal! I think I’ll go with those.

Yup, my fave wheels to date on my BC are the BBS mesh wheels I have, bloody love em. They are a different deisgn language, but are oh so period correct, and just suit the style.