Color: Satin White Pearl

Miles: 167,XXX on chassis... Less than 30k on motor and most major components

Transmission: 6 Speed Manual Version 7 STi

Title: Clear - no accidents

Lien: No liens

VIN: 4S3BP676656314564

Seller's email address: cdwauto at iCloud.com

Asking Price: $14,999 OBO

Please email me for more pics. This site is VERY difficult to upload pics to. I have over 50 pics of the car and I can share an online album with you of them.

This is one of just 61 Limited wagons produced in 2005 in Satin White Pearl with tan interior and a manual transmission. As you likely know if you’re looking at this car, 2005 was the only year Subaru imported a manual transmission 2.5GT wagon to the US. I purchased the car from the original owner at 132k. He had done a lot of maintenance and some minor modifications mainly to wear items as they needed to be replaced.

After I purchased the car, I drove it for about 7500 miles before pulling it all apart for my build. I have owned about 30 WRXs and 9 Legacy GTs so I know my way around these cars. My vision was to build a reliable daily driver that that could do everything. I wanted a 4 season car that could perform, look good, had tons of utility and was NOT an automatic. I didn’t want to sacrifice driveability for performance. I have heard way too many horror stories of people buying built motors only to have them fail after 5 or 10k miles so, I decided to go with a brand new OEM EJ257 factory short block (luckily I got a BB/BB block) from Subaru and tune it to power numbers that were proven not to over-stress the motor and could give it the longevity I was looking for. I settled on 330whp as my target and built the package around that. The car is totally balanced and dialed in right now.

The car was tuned by Mike Botti at ACI Dynamix in Seymore CT. It put down 322hp and 341tq on the hottest most humid day of 2017. Peak boost is 19.5psi tapering to 18psi. There is lots more in this engine if you want to push it but I never did. It's plenty powerful enough as it is. It's tuned conservatively. The boost comes on gradually and smoothly for engine longevity.

Clean CT title in hand with no liens. Non-smoker car that has been well taken care of. AC, heat, cruise control and all other power options all work exactly as they should. Sunroof does not leak and slides smoothly. I have a 3” thick file of receipts and records for this car. No accidents and clean Carfax. I have an OEM catted downpipe that comes with the car and can easily be swapped in for anyone that needs to deal with emissions testing. This car passed CT emissions without a cat just last year. If you’re looking for a turn-key car that can do everything, come and take a look at this one. All the work has been done and this car is ready for another 150k of use.

Motor:

New EJ257 short block at 139k

New 12mm oil pump at 139k

New oil pan at 139k

New EJ257 oil cooler at 139k

New PCV valve and hoses at 139k

New coolant hard pipe at 139k

New Subaru Head Gaskets at 139k

B25 Cylinder Heads cleaned, checked for cracks and straightness, valves lapped, tested for leaks, cams & buckets shimmed, Brian Crower valve springs and retainers installed, new valve seals

New ACVS solenoids at 139k

New valve cover gaskets at 139k

New cam seals at 139k

New Group N motor mounts at 139k

New Gates racing timing belt at 139k

New Gates water pump at 139k

New timing idlers & pulleys at 139k

New power steering and alternator belts at 139k

Power steering pump rebuild at 160k

ARP head studs at 139k

New front oxygen sensor at 139k

New rear oxygen sensor at 139k

TGV Deletes at 139k

GrimmSpeed electronic boost control solenoid

Power steering flush at 160k

New thermostat at 160k

New coolant temperature sensor at 160k

Coolant flush at 160k

TurboSmart recirculating blow off valve

TurboSmart wastegate actuator

Infamous Performance turbo oil line filter kit

Billet SPT battery tie down

Billet SPT oil cap

Magnetic drain plug

Exhaust:

Helix crossover pipe, heatwrapped & shrouded

Heatwrapped & shrouded OEM manifolds

New heatwrapped Invidia catless up pipe at 139k

New Invidia catless down pipe at 145k

Stainless steel flex joint added to downpipe to allow for exhaust movement

SPT v2 cat back exhaust

Fuel:

Deatschwerks DW65c fuel pump

Injector Dynamix top feed injector conversion rails

Injector Dynamix 1000cc top feed injectors with correct couplers crimped to factory intake harness

Custom fuel lines with multiple dampers

Induction:

GrimmSpeed TMIC with gold heat reflection tape

K&N Typhoon intake

Gimmick silicone turbo inlet

BNR 18G Turbo

Cobb turbo heat shield

Driveline:

JDM V7 STi 6 speed manual transmission installed at 139k and had under 40k on it then

Exedy organic clutch disc at 139k

Exedy pressure plate at 139k

STi OEM flywheel resurfaced at 139k

JDM v2 R160 Mechanical Limited Slip rear differential

Custom hybrid axles with new boots rebuilt at 139k

New Front & Rear wheel bearings/hubs at 139k

Poly shifter bushings at 139k

Suspension:

RaceComp Engineering Tarmac 1 Coilovers

All new OEM front & rear suspension bushings at 139k

Perrin 22mm rear sway bar

Perrin rear sway bar stiffener brackets

Perrin front sway bar

New front sway bar bushings at 155k

New Group N front sway bar end links at 139k

New OEM steering rack boots at 139k

New ball joints at 139k

Brakes:

StopTech front Big Brake Kit

New StopTech slotted front rotors at 165k

New Hawk street front pads at 165k

New rear pads & rotors at 155k

Motul brake fluid flush at 165k

Interior:

AutoMeter boost gauge

AutoMeter EGT gauge

AutoMeter LED backlight dimmer switch for gauges

AEM wideband AFR gauge

CubbyPod for boost and AFR gauges

DashPod for EGT gauge

2012 STi driver seat (original tan leather seat in very good condition also included)

Jazzy stereo input with hardwire for iPhone lightning cable

HomeLink auto-dimming rear view mirror with 3 garage door opener buttons

Extended armrest

Hardwired DashCam

Hardwired radar detector power source

OEM trunk mat

OEM subwoofer

OEM rear cargo cover

OEM trunk mat

2 sets of keys with remotes

New OEM 6sp shift knob at 150k

Exterior:

2004 STi BBS goldies

225/45/17 Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires with 65% tread remaining

STi style front lip

Thule bike rack

Lightly tinted windows

Hella Supertones

I know there are a lot of things that I'm forgetting too!

Cons: I can’t say that anything is really wrong with it but I’ll list things that are less than perfect.

There are some acorn dings on the roof. There is a black stain on the inside of the hatch trim piece. Some of the plastic interior pieces have nicks and scratches on them in line with a car of this vintage. The body has its share of small imperfections. It looks like a 10 out of 10 at 20 feet but is really an 8 out of 10 when you get up close. However, there is NO rust on the body at all which is incredibly rare for a Subaru of this age.

This car is 100% ready to go. I can confidently say that I would drive it across the country tomorrow without worrying at all. The suspension is firm but not uncomfortable like most coilover setups. I retained the factory rubber strut mounts which make a huge difference. Also, the RaceComp Engineering coilovers on this car are made from stainless steel so the collars don't freeze to the threads after one winter. They are totally rebuildable as well.

I have taken exceptional care of this car and fixed any issues as soon as they came up. I can say that at this point, I've got the car totally sorted out and it is a real pleasure to drive. It's not loud and obnoxious at all. It drives mildly when you just want to commute smoothly which is how I put the majority of the miles on it. The turbo spools up early with very little lag and it pairs perfectly with the close ratio JDM 6sp to keep the motor in its' powerband.

The StopTech big brakes are virtually endless and have lots of bite. The pedal is firm has very little play before the brakes pick up. Shifts are very crisp and there is no grinding or funny noises coming from the gearbox.

I am not interested in any trades. Cash, cashiers check or wire only. If you need to get financing for this car, please don't waste my time. Get your money lined up before calling me. I am willing to ship this car at the buyer's expense. No brokers, no low ballers and no scammers.

I have always bought cars based on their condition, no their mileage. Mileage only tells part of the story of a car. Although there is 167k on the chassis of this car, every wear item and major component has been replaced or rebuilt with OEM or high quality aftermarket parts within the past 30k. There are no oil leaks. The motor purrs with no knocking, piston slapping, valve ticks or smoke. Since the car is freshly rebuilt, all the fasteners come off easily with no frozen or rusted bolts. Great care was taken in the building of this car. I've got over $30k into this car not including all my labor.

The car is located in Danbury, CT near the mall. If this ad is still up, the car is still available.

604606550_exta1frt3qtr.thumb.jpg.620464311ffe8d687c917009b764114c.jpg

220134520_exta3leftrear3qtr.thumb.jpg.ca91c6d54f151ac10143373dbfb2f883.jpg

836145995_exta4rear2.thumb.jpg.e9e85aa38cb10f4995e2ad0a744a5853.jpg

2145718316_exta5rear3qtr.thumb.jpg.14c3732df18a370ecc368f0ee39649d0.jpg

443000569_exta7rtfront3qtr.thumb.jpg.30f71a1791d0e2f34947c91e4a5b05ea.jpg

1852925108_exta8front2.thumb.jpg.03f96c672cce59c6d7f015e4152f84af.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Also, FYI.... the first 7500 miles on the new motor were on a break-in tune running very low boost. I was chasing down a few issues at the time and didn't want to tune for power until everything was sorted. The issue turned out to be a leaky injector. The injectors were all sent to Injector Dynamix, cleaned and flow tested. I never had a problem after that with them.

Quick question, I noticed you put R160 rear diff, how come you didn't go up to a R180?

Thanks!

Good question.... There are a few reasons.

#1 I had a mechanical R160 LSD on hand and a ring and pinion set to match ratios was easy to find

#2 If I used a R180, I'd have had to use the larger axles and corresponding hubs.

#3 An R180 is overkill for my application. An R160 can hold 450+WHP and I had no plans on pushing it that hard. The MLSD gives great feel and performance.

#4 An R180 and the corresponding components add a lot of weight compared to the R160 which is sized just right for my application

• 2 weeks later...

Archived