LegacyGT.com

What do you collect?

JmP6889928

I know a lot of us collect various things. Tell us what you collect (and it AIN'T no damn sandwiches either-we have a thread for that called "What do you do for a living?" :lol:).

I can say that I collect T-shirts. I have over 700 of them now, and have given away at least that many over the years. They are from everything from concerts, to racing events, to driver shirts, and places I've been. I have 46 Hard Rock Cafe shirts from all over the world as well as a LOT of concert T's.

I like to buy event or race shirts, put them away for a while-some for at least 10 years, and then bring them out as brand new and wear them. I know that no one will have one that matches mine...LOL.

I'll post some photos later on of just a few of them, some from as far back as the 1980's (damn, I'm old....:(), and all kinds of different subjects.

Tell everyone what you collect! :)

Don't collect anymore.

I use to collect shot glasses, state quarters and hot wheels (my nephew got all the hot wheels).

My son got allot (all that I collected back in the day) of the first generation of Bennie baby. Soon I be getting him a few Lionel trains set (O-Gauge) after we move to a bigger house.

I collect antique radios, FM tuners and test equipment. My two oldest radios for which I have a manufacturing date are Harkness Counterflex and Freshman Masterpiece, both from 1925. The Freshman was the first mass-produced radio and it sold well. I also have a crystal set that may predate them.

Of my FM tuners, I have a Heathkit AJ-1510A that can be tuned by entering the station frequency via pushbuttons, scanning or using punch cards. The best sounding of my tuners is a Sherwood 2100II.

I have lost track of the number of oscilloscopes I have - at last count it was 12. I have meters of every description and bridges for measuring component values and a whole lot of other stuff, some of which I realize I have forgotten when I rummage through what I have.

Archived