LegacyGT.com

Lease return..brake pads nearly done

What's the protocol? Will they charge me if pads are needing to be replaced? No sounds yet..but just took snows off..and they are some are ready to be changed..

Should I just get cheap pads put on?

If the brakes work and are not noisy yet, turn it in. Tires on the other hand, make sure they are decent as in half tread or so. I think the inspection varies greatly depending on your intentions and the dealer....buying/leasing from them again? They may turn their head to a few things if you do, if not they may go right down the checklist.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If it is not making noise and still functional you do not need to replace them. Usually brakes wearing out during a lease isn't an issue. How many miles are on your car?

The tires need to be at or above legal limit. The lease company owns the car, not the dealer.

If it is not making noise and still functional you do not need to replace them. Usually brakes wearing out during a lease isn't an issue. How many miles are on your car?

The tires need to be at or above legal limit. The lease company owns the car, not the dealer.

Tires are good..used winters..

Mileage will be approx 72000km or 45000 miles.hence.some.of the pads are close to gone

Leasing company told me to return to dealer for inspection and return ..not a third party..

front or rear? EBD eats rear pads on these cars

Yes rear..and inside fronts.

Ironically..my dealer who does inspection said it's the sales rep who will look at car. For a visual on tires and chips etc...no mechanical check..obviously they don't want want me too leave without another car...

Archived