LegacyGT.com

STI Pedals

KayGT

Im wondering if anyone else has a problem with the red grips on the pedals...after a few hours of driving the rubber grips on my clutch were already worn out. but the brake and gas are in perfect condition.

[quote name='GranTourer']2 hours!!:o Were you wearing metal cleats? On my RS it took about 2-3 years to wear down the red grips in certain areas of the pedals. After 4 years and 40,000 miles, the blue plating wore away exposing metal in certain spots.[/quote] Any chance of it being covered under warranty if it's dealer installed?

[quote name='Th3Franz']Any chance of it being covered under warranty if it's dealer installed?[/quote] Yes if it wore prematurely, but more than 2 years is pretty good for a "wear item" that I used so frequently in traffic and during heal-toe action. Subaru and most SPT parts are covered by a limited 1-year warranty. KayGT, I think getting a new set from the place you bought them from might be a good idea. Could be just a defect since it's isolated to the clutch pedal only. Did you install them yourself? Not to say you didn't do a good job, but it might be worth it to check if the red pad underneath is seated properly.

Archived