LegacyGT.com

2018 STi brembos on 12gt

6/2 pot brembos enroute. Was in touch with Dan with Machv and he pointed me in the right direction, they have a kit believe it or not was able to get the rotors on sale, there is also a seperate kit for the caliper bolts and ss lines. Now that I have these nocked out of the way I can focus on the power upgrade beyond stage 1.

08-up STI brake calipers, including the 2018 flourescents, will bolt right on. Both front and rear.

You do need the STI caliper bolts as the stock bolts are a different pitch and wont work with the STI Calipers.

Only mods will be to the dust shields. Rears will definitely need to be trimmed or removed to clear both caliper and rotor (I trimmed mine), and fronts cleared for me but you may need to bend it a bit.

Stock brake lines will work but be careful with the rear lines. The stock rear brake lines have an almost 90 degree bend at the caliper fitting that can cause the hose to bend downward and hit stuff when used with the STI caliper. I had this happen to me and replaced them with 08-up STI lines which work fine.

08-17 STI calipers you will need to pair with 08-17 STI rotors but in 5x100 bolt pattern. DBA makes these or you can re-drill the OEM rotors to 5x100 (which I did). The flourescent 2018s I am not sure if there are 5x100 rotors available for (they are slightly bigger than 08-17's), so drilling OE 18 rotors to 5x100 may be the only option.

Electronic parking brake is no problem as our cars share the same system and they will work with the 08-18 STI rotors with no mods.

Most aftermarket rotors are dual drilled for 5x114.5 and 5x100. I would also highly suggest getting SS brake lines and the master cylinder brace otherwise you will have amazingly expensive brakes with a spongy feel in the pedals.

which master cylinder brace would you recommend?

Zee what would be the part number on this.
It's somewhere in here, but I'd guess your best bet is to email HardRace directly and they'll get you set up https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Flegacygt%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D203004&share_tid=203004&share_fid=5383&share_type=t

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Archived