LegacyGT.com

P0301 Code Problems

So my car is a 2008 legacy gt with about 126k miles on it. The CEL had recently turned on and I got the code read and it was a P0301 code. The exhaust is still hot so the cylinder is not completely dead and the engine seems to be running fairly well (no noticeable roughness of idle or when accelerating). Since then I have replaced cylinder 1's sparkplug, injector o ring, and coil. I checked the fuel injector and it is clicking like it should be. After doing all of this, I was able to drive two hours on the highway and the CEL didn't turn on at all. I even was accelerating hard and everything was still fine. Then after a cold start, the CEL light came on again. I have no idea what the problem can be after this point. All the vacuum lines are in place and the wiring harness for the coils seems to be in good shape. The only real issue I can see is with the spark plug. The tip is black and dry while the threads have a little bit of oil running down them. Is this a spark plug tube gasket leak and could it be causing the misfire? Otherwise where do I look next? Please help! Thanks

media-1551655771687-Feb_12_2019_9_47_AM.thumb.jpg.bc9f8d5dc4ad75bac38e373bdb0b004a.jpg

Have you checked the spark plug gap too? It shall be 0.8mm (0.03"). NGK ILFR6B is the recommended plug for the turbocharged EJ255 and EJ257 engines.

The gap on the one in the pic looks a bit on the large side.

And as always when it comes to spark plugs - double check that it's the correct plug.

453747.png

Just pulled out injectors 1 and 3. Took FOREVER. I am thinking of just replacing both as preventative maintenance as well as the wiring connectors cause I managed to break both. Hoping this will fix the issue. I will keep updating until I can fingered it out. Checked the spark plug and the Gap and both check out btw.

replaced injectors 1 and 3 and had several issues arose. I then replaced the other two injectors so all of them were the same even though the new ones I put in were the same company and displacement (although looked a little different). The car still has the misfire. I am going to check the spark plug again to see if it is fouled again and then replace it if need be. I hope that is all the issues fixed.

Have you checked the spark plug gap too? It shall be 0.8mm (0.03"). NGK ILFR6B is the recommended plug for the turbocharged EJ255 and EJ257 engines.

The gap on the one in the pic looks a bit on the large side.

And as always when it comes to spark plugs - double check that it's the correct plug.

Do not put a gap tool on a Iridium plug it kills them. Buy quality plugs.

AS Keyan said, move things around see if the issue follows.

Archived