LegacyGT.com

Hello, newbe here... CVT question!

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new to me 2014 Legacy 2.5 with 130,000 miles on it.

It's my first Subaru, I've been wanting one for a very long time, the wait is over!

The car drives great, it's my first time driving a car with a cvt. Also first time for a 4 wheel drive.

This car has been neglected, there's dings in it, scratches, bald tires, a wiper fluid reservoir that leaks, a battery with no tray or holder bar & bolts.

I don't get around too well anymore, because of heart problems and waiting on aneurysm surgery, but that's another story.

Working on cars was a hobby of mine at one time. I'll only attempt small repairs now,air filters, spark plugs, and anything that doesn't require jacking up the car and crawling under it.

Anyway, after reading numerous stuff online, I'm thinking of having the cvt flushed at the dealer...I know it's an expensive job, they quoted me 315.00 for the flush, that's without taking the pan off..I'm not sure if it's necessary to.

Also 189.00 for a differential oil change.

Do you guys recommend getting these services done? I'm 99% sure neither job was ever done on this car, and I'd like it to last me for a while .

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived