LegacyGT.com

Looking For Good Place To Install STI Turbo Gauges

Recently I've bought a STI Turbo Pack gauges for my Legacy GT. I figured since it is a SUBARU item and is under warranty, let the dealer install it. First I've called few dealerships in the NYC area to obtain a quote. Most responses were that there is no such part and I must be talking about gauges for WRX!!!!! After I provided a part # they refused to do it saying that it is a new item and they don't have the right mechanic. I was even told that this is a 2006 LGT item and it won't fit the '05 model!!!!?????@#$% Finally (yeah!) I spoke with Marc from Universal Subaru in Queens who knew this part and said they will install it. He quoted about 2-3 hours of labor. Not cheap but still reasonable and looking at the manual, about right. Well, for some unknown to me reason and after keeping my car for the whole day they backed out. Marc said that his mechanic just quit and he has nobody else to do the job. I've called Bill Kolb Jr Subaru and spoke with Cheryl...this is good....., she quoted AT LEAST 8 HRS OF LABOR !!!!!!!!!! When I laughed at her, she asked if I could stop by and bring the part so they can give more accurate estimate. What the heck, I drove there and after talking with some techs she still insisted on 7-8 HRS of labor !!!!!!! Please !!!!!

To make this long story short, if anyone who had this gauge pack installed could let me know what is the fair installation time and if you know any Subaru dealer who will install it for a fair price or any other place that you can recommend in lets say 60 miles radius from NYC, I will be very grateful.

Thanks

Archived