LegacyGT.com

Wheels I would like on the Legacy

kanoswrx

[quote name='kanoswrx']BBS RSR 18x7.5" wheels, only weight 17.5 pounds. But they cost 500 bucks a piece :( Throw on some Toyo T1's and I would save 2.5 pounds per wheel, pretty nice improvement.[/quote] Hmmmmm, a 2.5 lb weight saving is nothing to shout about, especially at those prices.

Yeah, it is a lot of money for 2.5 pounds, but you also get really nice wheels :) thats what I really want. the 2.5 pound saving is an extra bonus. From what people have measured on this forum, the stock wheels and tires weight 42 pounds total.

[quote name='kanoswrx']BBS RGR 18x7.5" wheels, only weight 17.5 pounds. But they cost 500 bucks a piece :( Throw on some Toyo T1's and I would save 2.5 pounds per wheel, pretty nice improvement.[/quote] You know Kanoswrx, my rims are for sale :razz: I am getting a set of SSR comps.. (much lighter btw) and doesnt cost as much as the BBS.. Keefe
Keefe

Keefe, I saw your rims up for sale, but I am trying to cut weight were I can :) Those SSR's are super light though, but on the legacy I am not as fond of the looks, but they deffinetly are one of the best wheels you can get for performance.

[quote name='Tide']Your still increasing the centrifugal mass of the wheel by moving to 18's, and losing horsepower, the extra rubber sometimes is worth it.[/quote] Not necessarily. You can't just look at the size of the wheel. You have to take the complete diameter of the wheel AND tire. If one goes to 18 inch wheels, you have gained one inch in total diameter, but if you also go to a lower profile TIRE you can often LOSE that one inch then as well. This is especially true if you get lower profile tires that weigh less than the stock tires. If you drop a pound or so from the weight of the wheels themselves and another pound or so from the tires, but keep the overal wheel/tire diameter the same, you will have less rotational mass, and most likely just the same, if not less centrifugal mass too. Therefore, you would not lose any power, you might actually gain.

Archived