LegacyGT.com

Drivers side CV shaft took a shite

So I was driving to work this morning, and wouldn’t ya know it, the wobble of my drivers side cv shaft is no longer acceptable to drive on the interstate lol. Any suggestions for which shaft and where to get? I looked on rockauto,Amazon, and Autozone and there’s several choices but I’m looking for feedback, anything helps. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subarus CV axles have a unique design that doesn't really make re-manufacturing reliable or possible so most aftermarket axles are new and most of them suck. I've used the Advance auto Tough One/Carquest brand ones on mine and they usually fail within 15 months and at this point I think I've put 7 on the front of my car over like 4 years BUT they are under warranty so I keep getting them replaced for free and it only takes and hour or 2 to swap them. BUT they are $60 ish instead of the dealer $400 and I don't mind swapping them so I just go with that route. On the flip side, the rears on my car are still the original ones with 180k on them. But it's all a matter of your priorities.

Used OEM, replace the boots, re-grease and send it. I find them for my car anywhere between 20-40 dollars. While advanced auto wants 90$ for a new shit one.

Where do you find yours at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Baja needs a new front drive axle and I'm going with new oem. I don't trust the $50-100 knock off crap at the auto parts store when the part is over $400 at the dealership. If I put in the cheapo driveshaft it's probably just going to break again. subarusource.com is a great place to get heavy discounts on genuine oem subaru products, and they even still have some stuff that the dealers have stopped carrying over the years.

Archived