LegacyGT.com

CBE questions..

So, in the market for a cat back. Local to me is gent selling a Greddy CBE with a catted DP. I've heard the magnaflow is one of the better ones.

My car is a DD. I drive atleast 50 miles a day. Drone is not my thing unless minimal.. any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I drive atleast 50 miles a day. Drone is not my thing unless minimal..

Your best bet is a catback (or axelback) on the stock downpipe if you want the rumble without a headache. The stock VF series wastegate acuator on the turbo is'nt strong enough to properly manage boost with a 3" turboback anyway.

The catted DP with that exhaust should be fine. Check out the muffler I.D. and if its to loud you might be able to slide a silencer inside them. You'll need a tune for the DP.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Drag+Specialties+1861-0915+2-1%2F2%22+Exhaust+Baffle&oq=Drag+Specialties+1861-0915+2-1%2F2%22+Exhaust+Baffle&aqs=chrome..69i57.4552j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I use my OBXT for my DD and I put a 2.5" magnaflow muffler on the driver side only and it sounds great. Nice rumble but no drone and not too loud for the kids or neighbors. I cut the stock exhaust just before the Y and ran a single 2.5" pipe to the new muffler. Love it.

The catted DP with that exhaust should be fine. Check out the muffler I.D. and if its to loud you might be able to slide a silencer inside them. You'll need a tune for the DP.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Drag+Specialties+1861-0915+2-1%2F2%22+Exhaust+Baffle&oq=Drag+Specialties+1861-0915+2-1%2F2%22+Exhaust+Baffle&aqs=chrome..69i57.4552j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I have an AP so that's covered for the moment. Thanx for the tip.. I've screenshot the link incase I need it!

I use my OBXT for my DD and I put a 2.5" magnaflow muffler on the driver side only and it sounds great. Nice rumble but no drone and not too loud for the kids or neighbors. I cut the stock exhaust just before the Y and ran a single 2.5" pipe to the new muffler. Love it.
I found an inexpensive CB local to me, I may end up doing just that. Or hell, buy a cheap Ebay one and change the mufflers....

Archived