LegacyGT.com

immobiliser question

If I want to buy someone's immobilizer (cough m sprank) plus ecm together with transponder key, is this sufficient to the start any 2.5GT?

Ive seen a video that suggests the seller's speedometer also needs to be included in the swap of parts; can someone else confirm this?

Is there a workaround to starting the car with less than the four mentioned tandem swaps?

omg thanks

only the new component (speedometer) would need reprogramming, right? or everything needs to be reprogrammed together?

i may have a hack, but it depends on the former case

Unlike the VW/Audi stuff where the immobilizer is part of the cluster, I don't believe there is any reprogramming of the cluster necessary on the subarus because it doesn't contain anything related to the immobilizer.

What are you really trying to do? And what model year car are you trying to do it to?

I've never tried, but mine is 09; if only subaru were so naive, i wouldn't be posting this, but there's a lot of info on this, such as this
, showing it is integrated into the cluster at least for '10. Since subarus seem immobilser-equipped since 03 it is also worth a shot to see if pre-2003 clusters start the car. In the end i am wondering how my car works, same reason i downloaded the manual--what else would it be.

I've never tried, but mine is 09; if only subaru were so naive, i wouldn't be posting this, but there's a lot of info on this, such as this
, showing it is integrated into the cluster at least for '10. Since subarus seem immobilser-equipped since 03 it is also worth a shot to see if pre-2003 clusters start the car. In the end i am wondering how my car works, same reason i downloaded the manual--what else would it be.

The answer, at least for the earlier Legacy’s was already posted. The ECU and the ECU, BIU, and key related components are the only things that I’m aware of that need to be paired. Not sure on the 07-09 cars however, as I’ve never messed with the immobilizer on them.

I’ll ask again. What are you really trying to accomplish here?

If all you want is to convert to the metric system - replace the instrument cluster first. I think that should take it a long way on the vehicle.

So the question here is if your car has the immobilizer integrated into the cluster as well, and from what I could figure out it's not an issue on the 4th gen, it's on the 5th gen it might become an issue. (but I may be wrong)

It's always good to know what the goal is to give the best help.

453747.png

Archived