LegacyGT.com

Replacing seat belt

ssbtech

I have a brand new seat belt to replace a frayed driver's belt.

I've noticed that holding it in any position other than straight up and down, the angle lock engages and prevents unwinding of the belt. Is this normal? Seems like it'll be an issue when parked on a hill.

Thanks.

Don't do anything, the belts are covered for life by Subaru, call the dealership, they will replace it for free.

It say's so in the warranty book in the glove box. I have been through this a year ago.

I even had to call SOA and tell them it was covered after she told me it wasn't. When I read her the print and page number in the Warranty book, she changed her tune.

I posted about it here, just not sure where.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Don't do anything, the belts are covered for life by Subaru, call the dealership, they will replace it for free.

Not in Canadaland:

SAFETY

For your personal safety Subaru Canada, Inc. warrants seat belts, Electronic Stability Control units (Vehicle Dynamics

Control), SRS (airbag) components, and ABS hydraulic and related electrical components will be free from defect in manufacture or workmanship for a period of 60 months or 100,000 km whichever comes first.

I've noticed that holding it in any position other than straight up and down, the angle lock engages and prevents unwinding of the belt. .

it s normal .

Good to know. Maybe I was over exaggerating the angles a bit when holding it. I've just never had the belt lock up while on a hill.

Archived