LegacyGT.com

surfers that hit the beach often would most likely have bought the wagon since roof racks don't seem to be an option on the LGT. I'm a skier but I'm obiously not going to hit the slopes with the legacy due to no way to put my board in the car.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I have a 9'2 Hobie nose rider and a 9'6 Hobie Yancy Spencer. I carried them on my old '97 Toyota Camry, but ended up getting some spots on the roof where salt water attacked the paint.

I haven't been very motivated to put the boards back on top of my Legacy yet. Mostly I'm bumming rides from friends out to the beach. The allure of the wagon was for my model airplanes; I wasn't thinking about surfing (which I can't forgive myself for!) when I bought the car.

surfers that hit the beach often would most likely have bought the wagon since roof racks don't seem to be an option on the LGT. I'm a skier but I'm obiously not going to hit the slopes with the legacy due to no way to put my board in the car.

There is a ski passthrough in your back seat. You can easily fit at least 3 pairs of skis through there.

Ski trips is one of the main reasons I chose the LGT sedan! AWD + heated wipers/mirror/seats = teh win.

There is a ski passthrough in your back seat. You can easily fit at least 3 pairs of skis through there.

Ski trips is one of the main reasons I chose the LGT sedan! AWD + heated wipers/mirror/seats = teh win.

I had the sedan before i traded in for the wagon. I had no problem with the ski passthrough even with my snowboards. I can fit two snowboards through there.

this is my first "post", I figured this would be a good "thread" to chime in on. Took the GT down to Copper Mtn. yesterday for some early season turns. To my dismay, I could only fit 2 out of 3 boards through that little hole in the back seats. Luckily I had a guy riding a 150cm so I could fit it in the back seat. Next time I will check the backseats to see if they fold down before I buy. Great snow and great turns though.

Definitely had to get the wagon. If it was just surfing then I would have gotten the sedan as I would just stick the board (6'2") in the front seat with a bag of course. But since I also ski the wagon was the way to go, especially on long road trips with a minimum of 4 pairs of skis inside the car or on top.

this is my first "post", I figured this would be a good "thread" to chime in on. Took the GT down to Copper Mtn. yesterday for some early season turns. To my dismay, I could only fit 2 out of 3 boards through that little hole in the back seats.

The obvious solution is to ditch the snowboard and pick up some skis. :icon_tong

surfer here...granted I am now relegated to "weekend warrior" status b/c of work. I bought the sedan and had racks installed on my roof...not really a big deal if you find a quality shop to heat mold the rails for your roof-line. When I am not hauling my longboards to the Outer Banks, I just take the cross-bars off of the rails.

I ride a bodyboard. The Legacy Sedan is perfect for my gear as it all fits in the trunk. Slide the passenger seat way up to the front and there is plenty of room in the backseat for putting on the wetsuit. --- Ofcourse, I also have to work so the GT gets me to my desk rather quickly.

Even though this is a surf related thread, i noticed some ski/snowboard references too.

I went up to Wildcat Mtn. in North Conway, NH a couple weeks ago for their opening day and was able to stuff 2 pairs of skis and a snowboard through that little pass-through. I am considering getting a roof rack though simply because I dont want to scratch up the leather or anything else with the sharp edges of my skis and board. Being a very anal person about dings, knicks, and scratches in and on my car, i took the time to lay down a blanket and wrap the skis up so they wouldn't scratch anything and also to catch any melting snow so it doesn't go on my back seats. I can see how this is going to get old very quickly seeing as though i ski/ride almost every chance i get. Especially now that i just picked up a pair of Volkl Superspeeds.....fastest skis ever....

I use the middle_slot in the winter for snowboards and ski's. A thick mexican blanket works very well for absorbing snow melt. Overall, the Subaru Leather seems to handle water/salt/etc. very well. I just clean it within a week or so, and it is brand new again (my00 and my05). Another reason I don't use a rack is because of wind flow on the Car. Travelling at higher speeds, with cargo and hitting solid cross winds is manageable given Experience. Doing it with an object attached to the roof isn't a challenge I seek to accomplish !

Archived