LegacyGT.com

Weird question

Okay so I was on my way home from a friends house and when I left there nothing was wrong everything was solid and about 5 miles from my house out of a 20 mile drive my transmission or my center diff started making a weird tapping noise in all gears at all rpm but not if the car was in neutral. It’s been in the shop for a week and they can’t find anything wrong with it but laying in the driveway of the place I left was a bracket that fell from the passenger side front of the car and I can’t find what this bracket held to save my life or in this case my legacies. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really thinking it's this "STAY-ENGINE HARNESS" found on turbo models between 2005-2007, part listed under "SPARK PLUG & HIGH TENSION CORD.".

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2005_Legacy-GT-Limited-Sedan-25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD/STAY-ENGINE-HARNESS/49234021/24024AA260.html

Unfortunately there's no parts diagram.. Googling the part number (24024AA260) does pull up some images that show it being on the passenger side, maybe clipping under a coil pack bolt?

*Oh wow, I must be tired.. After looking at your picture and the illustration again, I'm not so sure... Oh well, I'll still leave this reply here.

apexi is right.

It's a bracket that holds your front O2 wire.

It's typically held by the bolt for your #3 ignition coil (you don't have to remove the bolt, that's why it's slotted).

I would highly recommend checking that bolt/coil to make sure it's not on it's way to falling out.

apexi is right.

It's a bracket that holds your front O2 wire.

It's typically held by the bolt for your #3 ignition coil (you don't have to remove the bolt, that's why it's slotted).

I would highly recommend checking that bolt/coil to make sure it's not on it's way to falling out.

^Most likely this^

Having just replaced my #3 coil... :)

j.

Archived