LegacyGT.com

Tires needing air

Do you have metal tpms sensors?

No idea what kind of TPMS sensors I have.

It's easy to check. If the threaded brass valve stem extends all the way down into the wheel flange, you have a "metal" style TPMS sensor. If the valve stem is rubber where it penetrates the wheel flange, it's not "metal."

The metal-type valve stem requires a separate rubber washer at the wheel flange to provide an air-tight seal, while the rubber-type valve stem is designed to be self-sealing.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

If you're reply is meant for me, thanks. I am not going crazy yet, but I am having to pay more attention than I am used to with previous cars. No idea what kind of TPMS sensors I have. Car has ~7k miles now, so I would hope no corrosion is present yet. If there are any leaks, they are present in every wheel or tire or whatever. It isn't that big a deal, especially since I discovered Sheetz has free air. I just stop by once a week and top off. If it gets worse, or new tires have the same or worse problem, I'll probably investigate more. I am going to mention it the next time I take it in for service, in case it does get worse, so there is a record once the warranty expires.

Having to add air weekly is not normal. If you want to see all tires at 34psi and one is 33, so you stop and fill it to 34, it is kind of crazy lol

So this is weird. We took my wife's Forester on our Christmas trip to see family, so my Legacy wasn't driven for a week. When I checked my air pressure this AM, the tires hadn't lost any pressure. Seems like driving is somehow causing the air pressure declines.

Archived