LegacyGT.com

Turbo inlet

So my old hose had couple holes and was melted so decided to buy a perrin. When trying to install it, terrible fitment. The pvc keeps hitting the top of the intake manifold and it looks like it is hitting the tgv so it's not able to make that delight turn to go on the turbo. Is it usually this hard, took me couple days just to get the houses in the fittings and now I can't even get it to live up with the turbo. I bought the PER-PSP-INT-421BK which is said to be made for my year and car but it's also the same item for wrx and sti. The item number on the perrin website is different and there is no mention of the previous item number. Should I just suck it up and buy a new inlet, buy the stock inlet or they supposed to be this difficult? Tried pry bar, picks etc. Nothing works

I’m assuming the stock inlet lasted for the past 10+ years, seems like a quality piece to me. You know it will fit properly too. People constantly complain about the fitment of aftermarket inlets, just stick with oem unless your build requires otherwise.

Perrin inlets are notoriously difficult to install.

The old version of the inlet was specifically for LGTs. The new version was changed for WRXs/STIs, which fits LGTs worse.

Stock inlets are great if you don't care about making power or spooling quicker.

Archived