LegacyGT.com

XM Radio not displaying Channel List

So I realized yesterday that I can not pull up the complete list of available XM stations on my radio. Did 3 refresh commands still no luck. Finally contacted XM Support they told me that it is a known issue with Subaru XM Radios and that a fix was due this December and will be covered should I go to the dealer and my car is still under warranty. If it is not there will be a charge... . I asked the tech when this started and it was reported Aug 2018. Given my 2015 and I am probably just past my warranty period I am going to be calling my dealer to make sure they know this occurred with my car before my warranty ended.... what bothers me is there has been no notification from either XM nor Subaru to this issue. As a result the support tech got me a $15 credit for my troubles...

I wonder what the charge would be if it is deemed an out of warranty issue...?

• 1 month later...
Just started seeing the same thing with my 2016 Legacy Premium. I also refreshed multiple times with no success. I called Sirius and was also told about the issue with Subaru vehicles. I was provided no dates though. Were you able to get fixed at the dealer?

• 1 month later...
I got a free 60-day trial after my last oil change and had the same issue. I didn't think of complaining since it was free, but when XM called to get me to sign I let them know. They didn't mention it being a known issue.

The 9313 firmware update fixes the issue. I asked if they had release notes listing other fixes but they didn't have it.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

The 9313 firmware update fixes the issue. I asked if they had release notes listing other fixes but they didn't have it.

OK looking for the instructions and where to download. That link provided above seems to indicate we owners don't have the access to get the file.....

We used to have a member on this forum that was able to provide the updated firmware files but that has ended (it was a pretty simple at home update process with USB drives). To my knowledge the only way now is to schedule an appointment with service at the dealer and get the firmware update completed. If you are in warranty, the service should be free. If you are out of warranty, the dealer may (likely will) charge for the service from my experience. Make sure to ask ahead of time so you know what the cost may be before seeing the bill.

I have the 9312 update. It was installed back in August, which is about when I first noticed the problem. My dealer is usually on top of these things but i was there a week ago and they didn't mention update 9313 even being available. It must be very new.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived