LegacyGT.com

Facelifted '14 headlights into a '10 car

I am from Lebanon, ideally I would like to replace the whole headlight with an upgraded kit.

Anyone has the part number for the factory HID headlights ?

Also how do I know if my headlights are currently HID ?

OEM HID is not an option in North America, not sure where the question poster is from though.

Shadow, Humble posted some Craigslist-like Mexican sites on here in one of the threads, cant find it now.

Sasghani, the headights themselves look similar, but the HID lights give off an intense bluish white light vs the yellowish hue of halogens. Something like this:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQZKXvflrY_TmZGEDunRxU0ZO1D-tPk_AT57VhalORmdHu97Xbm

EDIT: Shadow, the link to the Mexican site is in this thread, a few posts above yours lol!

I think they know what OE HID looks like. You also posted a picture of aftermarket ~7,000K kit in what looks like reflector headlights, which isn't helpful.

I was trying to address saghani's question

I am from Lebanon, ideally I would like to replace the whole headlight with an upgraded kit.

SNIP

I did want to assume that he would know an HID beam from a halogen one. But that would mean he would know just by turning his lights on?

Pic was meant to show difference in colour, which would be the easiest way to convey the difference to sasghani and thus help him tell if he had them or not.

I looked for a side by side shot to try to make it easier for sasghani to see the difference, even if they were in halogen reflector housings and not 4300k. I hope the OP finds them useful anyway.

Sasghani, IIRC Lebanon is LHD, will see if I can get headlight part numbers from the local dealer. We are LHD also and our market got HIDs on all Legacies.

Anyone has the part number for the factory HID headlights ?

OP, IIRC Lebanon is LHD, will see if I can get headlight part numbers from the local dealer. We are LHD also and our market got HIDs on all Legacies.

Here are the part numbers of the facelift LHD OEM HID headlights:

84001AJ382 - right

84001AJ391 - left

A quick search reveals that only Russia has stocks of these. Seems like Russian spec are almost identical to the Philippine-spec LGTs (JDM features, but LHD).

@sasghani If you're planning to do a projector retrofit upgrade (you should be, if best light output is desired), you can just buy a pair from Yahoo Japan Auctions. You can buy a pair for a fraction of the price of a single brand new one. Only if planning to do a retrofit since headlights from Japan are RHD, the beam is angled towards the left which can blind oncoming motorists.

The projectors are used on a few cars, e.g. RB1 Odyssey, Maxima, so you might be able to find a pair of LHD projectors locally, and then do a direct swap (keep the RHD bowls as they burn over time from UV exposure). Remember to double check they are HID as the halogen projectors are similar looking.

Archived