LegacyGT.com

Door handle differences

Hey y'all, my exterior door handles are starting to bind up after 220k miles. I ordered some from a junkyard, and they have a different mechanism than the ones on my car.

Was the Legacy ever available with manual locks? Would that be the difference? I'm not sure why else they'd be different. Baja, Outback and Legacy all have similar appearing handles, but the inside where it attaches to stuff is definitely different.

Any advise is appreciated here.

Something I would have never guessed to be different. Sometimes it really boggles the mind as to what engineers do.

I did find DS seatbelt in junkyard for my 98 OB wagon and it was out of a 98 OB wagon, but it was different than the one I had. I checked a 99 wagon and it was different from both of the others (all the plug in spades were different size/spacing). Why on earth would they make 3 different size/styles of seatbelts for 2 years of the same car?

Again, boggles the mind.

It's infuriating, and costs Subaru millions of dollars. Another example, if you go to 08-09 Outback tails on a Legacy wagon, the turn signal socket is different. So you need to cut and splice one connection when everything else is the same. Idiotic

Archived