LegacyGT.com

Who here is stuck in school thinking about driving right now?

mattlaw2011

Life in college. Imitating Brett Kavanaugh. Sigh.

The simple days. Studying and having fun with your friends living right next door.

I just wish the northern Indiana had some roads with actual curves in them. Freaking cornfields. I never understood musclecars (cars that can't turn but can go fast on a straight road) until I moved here.

The simple days. Studying and having fun with your friends living right next door.

I just wish the northern Indiana had some roads with actual curves in them. Freaking cornfields.

I went to school in the U.P.

Bahahahahaha! But I had a '95 Neon, soooo ... :icon_neut

I went on a fishing trip in the UP this summer in my 350Z. Many of the roads were a blast, as was the trout fishing. Brook trout! So beautiful.

And the Neon wasn't so bad in its first generation. Light, tossable, I would think.

What school? Are you originally from Michigan, Brady?

Michigan Tech. And I grew up in Minneapolis. I miss the UP though. And yeah, honestly, the Neon wasn't so bad, especially with the 5 speed. As a college car, I have no complaints.

The Copper Country and Keweenaw Peninsula has some very fun roads.

Michigan Tech. And I grew up in Minneapolis. I miss the UP though. And yeah, honestly, the Neon wasn't so bad, especially with the 5 speed. As a college car, I have no complaints.

The Copper Country and Keweenaw Peninsula has some very fun roads.

So you're from cold country. I had a girlfriend from Minneapolis. She laughed when schools got shut down in the east due to "cold" becz kids shouldn't stand for buses in ten degree temps. D.C. thinking. Although for all that bravado, I did note all those enclosed, heated walkways in downtown Minneapolis. :lol: Seemed like a great city.

I laugh/get jealous when other offices in my company shut down for cold weather or 2 inches of snow. Most of them are in NC, TX, and KY. Been in this industry for 12 years.... only ever had an office I work in close 1 time.

My college car was a '97 Impreza Outback sport, Blue and Gray 2-tone, I loved that thing, took it everywhere, beach, mountains, it didn't matter. Traded it in for my Legacy GT.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

My college cars in the early 80s were a 73 Honda Civic (a blast on 13" wheels) and a 76 Ford Capri in John Player Special black with gold pinstripes. Ford Pinto motor but a manual. The motor was a tractor motor. I wanted a first gen Capri but couldn't find one that wasn't a rust bucket.

The summer after high school while working at target I bought my first firebird. A 1996 formula with the lt1 v8 with 65k miles on it. Not many other options but really the v8 is the most important one. Drove it for the next 2 years... even in the snow. There were many butthole clinching moments but I never crashed.

My mom co-signed on the loan for me as it was my first loan. I remember the first bank we went to they actually denied us and said she should just take out the loan and have me pay it. She was pretty pissed that her 800+ credit score and 6 figure income couldn't qualify us for a 3k loan if I was primary on it. Then we went to local credit union and they were like "yep, here's some money" in 10 seconds.

My college cars in the early 80s were a 73 Honda Civic (a blast on 13" wheels) and a 76 Ford Capri in John Player Special black with gold pinstripes. Ford Pinto motor but a manual. The motor was a tractor motor. I wanted a first gen Capri but couldn't find one that wasn't a rust bucket.

No, a tractor motor is good and reliable compared to the pinto collection of strange iron parts.

453747.png

I had an ‘85 Capri for a while. Had a Ford ranger 4 banger, 0-60 in 28 seconds flat. Had a friend sell me his grandmother’s old 83 Ford LTD wagon with a 302 and the use of a heated shop so I could do an engine swap in the middle of Wyoming winter. Loved that car. With the 302 V8 and my 2.73 rear end, I could cruise at 70mph at 1200rpm. Got like 30mpg hwy and 12mpg city :lol::lol:

Hahaha thanks for all the reply’s guys. It’s interesting hearing about all your college cars. I was pretty lucky to find a spec.b while I’m going to college, the car culture at my school is very present and there’s tons of Subaru’s since I live in Connecticut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wish the northern Indiana had some roads with actual curves in them. Freaking cornfields. I never understood musclecars (cars that can't turn but can go fast on a straight road) until I moved here.

I would definitely agree if I lived on campus, commuting isn’t as fun because you don’t get to enjoy all the on campus events and what not unfortunately

Yes, walking to the dorms drunk, in Minneapolis with an open case of left over PBR in my hand. Cops pulls up "ahhhh, you can't be walking down the side of the road at 4am with an open case of beer". Me "Sorry, i didn't know, I'm from Wisconsin". Cops "Ohhhh, you're from Wisconsin" as he pulls off and drives away.

Cops were cool in CT. My buddy and I were trying to sneak a half keg of beer (no liquor campus after I graduated but I was visiting a buddy still in college) into the dorm in his foot locker. After buying the keg, we stopped in a closed store's parking lot and were trying to fit the keg into the footlocker. A cop saw us as he drove by and asked us what we were doing. We told him (we were both legal to drink), and he told us to both sit on the footlocker while he latched it. Mission was accomplished. Coolest cop ever, too!

I went to school in the U.P.

I went on a fishing trip in the UP this summer in my 350Z. Many of the roads were a blast, as was the trout fishing. Brook trout! So beautiful.

i loved the roads out in the UP on my bike also, was a good time up there.

my mom has a summer place in the UP, love it up there. we are doing xmas up there this year, me and 2/3 of my kids and my bro with his 2 kids. we are all AZ born and raised, should be a fun and cold trip!

Archived