LegacyGT.com

2019 Remote start?

Not sure about on the '19 legacy, but on other newer Subaru's' I've heard you can do it using the starlink app, as long as the car has push button start. I don't know a lot about starlink since I don't have it, in another thread (I think an ascent forum) a guy said he paid $79 for three years, that's not too bad to be able to remote start with climate control access from your phone. I'm pretty sure this function is available on impreza's too, so I'd think new legacies have it too?

Edit: My mistake, it looks like it's not available on the 2019 Legacy.

"Remote Engine Start with Climate Control

Enjoy the convenience of remotely starting your vehicle and adjusting the temperature via the MySubaru app on your smartphone so that your journey is comfortable from beginning to end.

Available on: 2019 Ascent, 2019 Crosstrek, 2019 Forester, and 2019 Impreza"

https://www.subaru.com/owners/starlink/safety-security.html

I have a Compustar remote start in my 2017 Limited with push button start. Couldn’t be happier with the range and functionality. I chose the single button, 2 way remote because it’s tiny. Does exactly what I want it to do. Start/stop, lock and unlock with about a mile range. I very rarely use the lock and unlock, but it works when I need it. Plus with a mile range, it has more range than I could ever possibly need. Don’t think I’ve tried it more than a 400-500 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived