LegacyGT.com

05 LGT Wagon Engine overhaul (noob experience)

Interested as to which shops you dealt with? I'm in Cleveland on the east side and I've been bouncing between a couple shops trying to feel them out.

I used Go Fast Tuner Parts in Canal Fulton. 15 minutes from me. When I learned about them, it was like a treasure cove. THey have an ebay shop for used parts. They have service as well as a=parting out business.

Aaron the tech was very supportive and knowledgeable. I had too many questions and he answered them both in person or on text. I also broke 2 things during my rebuild and was able to get them used for cheap via them.

Since you like data, did you invest in the BtSsm app? If not, you definitely should.

Arent you the author ?:lol::lol:

Its a great app dude..but 15 or so bucks for it was not a price range for me. I used the program on my laptop to log. Since the car is my wife's DD, the app wasnt worth that much money for me. If I drove it, may be I would give it more thought.

Arent you the author ?:lol::lol:

Its a great app dude..but 15 or so bucks for it was not a price range for me. I used the program on my laptop to log. Since the car is my wife's DD, the app wasnt worth that much money for me. If I drove it, may be I would give it more thought.

No I am not. Heiche created this app for us. I cannot drive the car without knowing how the ECU behaves. So I installed a Nexus 7 three years ago in place of the cubby, and this software runs at all times. 15$ is really not much for what the app can report to you on the fly without having to carry around a laptop.

See the original threads here and here.

No I am not. Heiche created this app for us. I cannot drive the car without knowing how the ECU behaves. So I installed a Nexus 7 three years ago in place of the cubby, and this software runs at all times. 15$ is really not much for what the app can report to you on the fly without having to carry around a laptop.

See the original threads here and here.

Thanks..agreed. When I drive it more, I shall think about it. For the time being, I am comfortable with a laptop. My day job has me instrumenting vehicles for data collection, so I dont think much of using laptop.

I do understand the beauty of the app though.

I used Go Fast Tuner Parts in Canal Fulton. 15 minutes from me. When I learned about them, it was like a treasure cove. THey have an ebay shop for used parts. They have service as well as a=parting out business.

Aaron the tech was very supportive and knowledgeable. I had too many questions and he answered them both in person or on text. I also broke 2 things during my rebuild and was able to get them used for cheap via them.

Oh gotcha. That's actually the shop I've been going to recently. A bit of a drive from Cleveland, but worth it in my opinion. Aaron is great. It's definitely valuable to have someone with so much knowledge be so willing to share it. It's a fine line between wanting to patronize their shop and build a reputation vs not wanting to have a reason to need to bring my car to a shop haha

Archived