LegacyGT.com

08 spec b sat nav

So to add on to the few issues arising with the spec b, my sat nav is all messed up. I pulled it out after searching around for some answers but never got a complete answer on it really. Basically the unit will play half the screen and the other half will be black, sometimes it'll be super static as well. I pushed the plugs in and kinda wiggled them to see if anything was loose and got nothing. Does anybody know for sure what this is? Is it a processor within the unit that can be repaired? Is the whole unit bad? How does one go about getting a new one?

Just grab a replacement screen unit from a wreck.

Reasonably affordable these days since they’re so out of date, eg 400x260px resolution at 400 nits.

To enter diagnostic mode, hold down the 2 outside hard buttons whilst touching the screen, on key on.

From there you should be able to work out if the issue is screen related or input related.

Just grab a replacement screen unit from a wreck.

Reasonably affordable these days since they’re so out of date, eg 400x260px resolution at 400 nits.

To enter diagnostic mode, hold down the 2 outside hard buttons whilst touching the screen, on key on.

From there you should be able to work out if the issue is screen related or input related.

Interesting post, tried that on mine and got the diagnostic mode okay.

Now what would really be useful is to be able to change all the language in mine from Japanese to English.

I would have thought even though it was a JDM car, they still would have included different fonts in the firmware with a button hold down sequence to change it.

No longer a really big deal, have just learned what buttons to press to change the time and just live with it, but hey if it was an easy fix.

Archived