LegacyGT.com

3.0R Bad MPG and Rough Idle- Video Included

Hello,

My MPG for my legacy 3.0r have been going crazy, it would read anywhere from 2-10 Mpg while driving under normal conditions and when I come to stop or not on throttle it will still read a 30-70 mpg reading when its typically 100 since I am not driving. I have read that sometimes this is just an indicator but my real mileage have really been that bad. It also effects my idle and RPM, when the MPG gauge goes crazy you can also see the RPM interacts similarly.

I have read that this may be my o2 sensors, I have also added roughly 7.8 quarters of oil, 1 quarter more than I am suppose to due to the bad readings I get from the dip stick and other information I have read on the forums. I am assuming this is not effecting it since this issue comes and goes. Please see the video as I am just driving through local streets and stops.

Yup BtSsm is your friend, else just speculation.

But if you want some potential leads and to throw $$$ at the problem/s:

Injectors, Spark plugs, Fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter/s, pre-filter sock,

Front AF/Lambda sensor/s, Rear O2 sensor/s, primary cats, secondary cats,

vaccuum leaks, exhaust leaks, etc.

The instantaneous MPG indicator is just a dummy formula based calc that feeds off of a bunch of sensor data on the cars network bus, passed around from sensors to ECU, etc. and here - digested by your BIU.

Even something such as a malfunctioning Throttle butterfly plate, DBW module, TPS can cause bogus output. Even when working its about as accurate as fakenews.

The instantaneous MPG indicator is just a dummy formula based calc that feeds off of a bunch of sensor data on the cars network bus, passed around from sensors to ECU, etc. and here - digested by your BIU.

Would not have thought so its just a calculation taken from the injector cycle and hence the ECU knows how much fuel your using and your current speed.

I don't see anything wrong here, it's just instantaneous MPG readout it will vary a lot based on driving conditions. As for fully stopped, it's basic math, you can't divide by zero... if your going 0mph you will get 0mpg.

This is why you have to average the MPG to get meaningful numbers.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived