LegacyGT.com

Advice Needed: Back to the LGT!

Hey All,

Last December I sold off my 2008 LGT Limited. It was stage 2 with AP tune, Cobb up and down pipes. And magnaflow exhaust. Enkei wheels, some other small mods. Car had about 130k on it, 50k when I got it. Owned it for 6 years. Never any issues besides usual services and recalls.

I miss it everyday and regret letting it go. And the F150 I bought to replace it has been in the shop 6 times and cost me $2k in repairs in under a year.

A few questions...any advice is welcome:

How is the current LGT used market a decade plus after these cars came out?

How far will $8-$10k get me?

Do you trust anything on CL?

Was my first example rare that it gave me zero mechanical issues?

Anything else I should be on the lookout for or consider?

My musts are an auto trans (wife reasons). Preferred with no spoiler, stage 2 or higher, aftermarket wheels, suspension a plus, ideally in an 08 or 09 body, exterior and interior a 8 out of 10.

What's realistic? I'm in central PA if region plays a part.

Thanks for any feedback!

Jon

I think you want to start here,

https://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/cars-sale-29.html

My 09 has been pretty much trouble free as has my 05 Wagon. Keep up with the oil and fluid changes. I have found these cars do better when driven for long distances. Seems people that have issues drive them for short distances.

My 05 is my DD, one way to work is 32 miles, mostly highway. My 09 is the weekend car. It sits most of the time sometimes for 3 or more weeks. But when I drive it on Saturday nights its at east 10 miles highway to dinner.

Both have been off the factory tune since early on in there lives.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I was originally gonna start in the classifieds but the forum blocks you out until you hit 15 posts. Guess that's what I get for lurking all these years. :)

Agreed on the tune. My 08 was on the factory for the first 50k I had it. Changing it to stage 2 woke it up, completely different performance.

Thanks

Archived