LegacyGT.com

I'm ordering tires but going to the track on Friday?

Magowin

My cousin is ordering Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires for me and he said they'll be in on thursday most likely.

I'm going to the track on Friday so should I have him wait to put them on or will running them hard off the bat on Friday mess them up? I know most tires need to go through a break in process just wondering how extensive it needs to be. I suppose if he gets them on Thur I could drive around aimlessly on Friday before I hit the track.

Only thing is I'm used to launching with the Crappy RE92's so going to another tire may mess that up. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Well if you leave the RE's on atleast you'll drive the crap out of it...I would.. I'd think if I put new meats on my car then took her AutoXing I'd be way more owrried about messing up my tires.

I say take the RE's to the track and give them a proper pavement pounding send off.

as far as i know new tires nowadays don't need break in. what would you break in? if you are reffering to heat cycling thats usually only for soft race compound tires. If the Pirelli are an r compound you can usually get the shop that sells them to to heat cycle.

All tiures still have a mold release compound. They very from one manufacturer to another.

You wont kill your new Pirellis if you use them at the track.. however, I would scrub them in the night before. Go find an empty parking lot.. do a bunch of figure 8s, get them warm to the touch, go home and let them sit overnight. You should be good to go.

If you use your worn REs at the track, you'll prolly not have too much grip either.....

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Archived