LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy 2.5GT Limited 115k

MercurysIn

Asking price at dealership right now is $9,995. Going to see if 500 down would entice them enough to lower it to $9,500. Opinions on the price? Car looks very very nice for 9 years old, good tires. Not many scratches, windows tinted. Paddle shifters etc.

What should I be listening for when test driving and what should I be looking for otherwise?

What are big common problems past 100k.

Is there anything anyone can think of that I should pay specific attention to when trying to gauge the condition of the car and any foreseeable problems?

Will have a 3000 mile, 3 month warranty but still want to be sure I'm aware of everything I can be. Thank you in advance for the knowledge.

The big things are to check that the timing belt has been done, other belts, check for bad wheel bearings, I don't know if the intercooler end tabs got loose on the '09s, but that's something to maybe look for. Many will tell you have the car inspected and have the mechanic check the turbo for shaft play and get a compression test.

Being that it's at a dealership, and that it's a used car, there's almost certainly $1000 of room in the price. Start at offering $1500 below, they'll counter, then go to $1200. if they don't meet you at $800 off, walk away and see if they call you back within 24 hours.

I would have an engine compression and leak down test. I would try to talk them down further on the price than 9500.

I don’t know how familiar you are with these cars but at 115k turbo and engine failure become more and more common as the mileage increases.

Archived