LegacyGT.com

Swapping 06 LGT engine

Alright ladies and gents!

So i preformed a leak down, compression test and cylinder 4 seems to be done...I'm preaching to the choir!! So I've decided to go with the re-manufactured long block route, as I'm not ready to do a rebuild. I'd want to do it right and don't have the funds for that. My goal is to have a reliable stage 2. Want to get some member thoughts, who've done this already...what to expect. At the moment, I plan to use Millennium Auto: Bare long block (http://y2kimports.com/engines/2004-2009-legacy-forester-outback-baja-lgtxt-ej255/) anyone dealt with them?? I'm giving myself a 5K spending limit, expecting a few issues to come up and possibly get a catback?! I'd like to get started sooner then later, just looking for some advice/help to make sure I'm making good decisions.

Thanks everyone

Bryan

My click here link in my sig has lots of pictures and some good tips, I bought a OEM ej257 and had my heads rebuilt. I have a lot of tools some is was fairly routine for me. But it will give you things to think about.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived