LegacyGT.com

Not enough boost

Hello y’all I have a 05 outback XT that I am having an issue with. Just recently I have been able to monitor my boost using an iPhone ap and WiFi OBD2 adapter and I noticed that I was only making 6ibs of boost. After doing some research on here and other sites I started poking around a bit. I removed the BCS and check the resistance and the function of the solenoid and it seemed to be working properly. In then checked to see if my turbo was capable of making more boost by removing the waste gate actuator vacuum line and monitor boost (carefully) and I was able to get to 12 ins of boost before I left off. While I was messing with the vacuum line for the waste gate actuator I noticed that my vacuum T was not OE and I was missing my restricor pill so I ordered a new one and installed it and now i get between 8-9psi of boost. So thinking that it was still my BCS I switched it with a friends who’s BCS was supposed to be working properly and still same thing only 8-9psi of boost. I’m not sure of what to check next any help would be greatly appreciated. I need that full boost lol

Archived