LegacyGT.com

DRL operation change via latest sw update?

When I'm at a stop light close enough to the vehicle in front to see the reflection, I check my lights and turn signals once in a while to make sure all the bulbs are good.

The other day while cycling through the the stalk, I noticed that the DRLs stay ON when in the parking lights position; which I didn't remember being the case when I did the mod to have my turn as DRL.

Stalk position:

Off - DRLs are ON

Parking - DRLs and C-lights are ON

On - Headlights come ON and the DRL and C-lights go out.

Anyone else notice this change after the NU9020 update or has it always been this way and memory has got the better of me?

I don't know what you drive, but my 2018 C lights are always on, no matter where the stalk is set.

Yep. I believe that's because on the '18 they changed the C-lights to be the DRL. I have a '15

My DRLs have always been on... I've never just had my C lights on without DRLs.

Maybe the times that you've cycled through the lights before you had your parking brake engaged. Once the parking brake is engaged, DRLs turn off (when no lights are on). Not sure if they completely turn off with the parking brake engaged and the C lights on.

Maybe the times that you've cycled through the lights before you had your parking brake engaged. Once the parking brake is engaged, DRLs turn off (when no lights are on). Not sure if they completely turn off with the parking brake engaged and the C lights on.

Could be some timing or other logic in the eyesight system, as that engages the parking brake when it stops itself. Will have to try it again and see if that path acts as I remember it.

Archived