LegacyGT.com

maf adapter

HI

i recently purchased a Kn typhoon intake almost new for $40.

The thing is it is for wrx 2010 maf is diferent as i can see. The fitment is good in the engine bay but the bolts of the maf are diferent. Does somebody sell and adapter for it?

Or, these cars come with a great stock cold air intake which is good until your making over 350whp, why would you replace it ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

i guess i can trim and fabricate the thread for the bolt to keep stock height?

No, you cant.

You CAN buy a WRX MAF sensor and pigtail and spice that into your current MAF wiring. You'll need to redo the MAF scaling though.

No, you cant.

You CAN buy a WRX MAF sensor and pigtail and spice that into your current MAF wiring. You'll need to redo the MAF scaling though.

Is anything bad with making a custom thread for the bolt.

Is not the same as custom piping job?

Is anything bad with making a custom thread for the bolt.

Is not the same as custom piping job?

Getting the MAF adapter aligned properly within the housing is 100% critical. Fabing up some sort of adapter will put it a non-optimal location. Not to mention our maf is fatter than the WRX one, so wont fit in the slot.

A pull off WRX sensor is cheap. If you insist on using that intake, please for the sake of not wanting to see another LGT die use the MAF that it was designed for.

Archived