LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy 2.5 CVT Oil Leak

Just to get the smart-ass answer out of the way first, under the car would be a good place to start looking :p

On a more helpful note, what color is it? Preferably the fluid itself and not the stain. Wondering if it's engine oil or something else (CVT, power steering, etc.).

Just to get the smart-ass answer out of the way first, under the car would be a good place to start looking :p

On a more helpful note, what color is it? Preferably the fluid itself and not the stain. Wondering if it's engine oil or something else (CVT, power steering, etc.).

Thank you. I did find it under the car. It is clear or light colored and oil feeling. I washed the under carriage and can't find the leak. I had just changed the oil two weeks ago with Amsoil. So the oil is very clean. The location on the driveway appears to be the front of the engine area. When I checked the dip stick it was over filled so I pumped out about 1/2 a quart and now it is the right level on the stick. I was thinking maybe there is an overfill tube or something.

I love the car but worry about all the threads on oil problems with these cars.

1 year unlimited mileage for all cars that ended already

10 years or 100K for any of the following cars

2010-15 Legacy and Outback; 2015 Legacy and Outback with 3.6 liter V-6; the 2012-15 Impreza; 2013-15 Crosstrek; 2014-15 Crosstrek Hybrid; 2014-15 Forester with 2.5 liter four-cylinder; 2014-15 Forester with turbocharged 2.0 liter four cylinder and 2015 WRX 2.0.

Archived