LegacyGT.com

Calling forged wheel lovers!!!

Legasee

I've had a few sets of the non-name brand forged wheels...and they have held up pretty good (no craks or dents, I don't auto-x, but I do live in Los Angeles :icon_bigg )...anyways... the prices here are pretty good, plus you can choose the colors to be painted on the wheels including polished or non-polished lip...19" wheels weigh 15 lbs??!!! They are located in Downey, SoCal (very close to my place)... I might pay them a visit sometimes

I found the info here...

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117307

Here's the company info:

http://www.6061forged.com/

http://www.6061forged.com/store/Default.aspx

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Yep.... that's an awesome price! Wonder how long it will last though... cause I'm not quite in the market for the wheels just yet!

Thanx maing!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Cheap forged wheels kinda scare me. I dunno. I'd be interested in seeing some real people use these things for a season before I even considered them for my car.

It's always a good thing for people to voice the reason. I understand the concer... and I'm glad you brought it up.

It could be that they're just not as predominant (sp?) as say.... SSR? Some companies throw the price up on top of a 2 story building simply because they KNOW that their name is KNOWN around the industry.

When you say season.... do you mean a season of nature (ie: summer) or are you speaking of track usage?

I'm aiming at 19" wheels....and have no intentions of tracking such size wheel.

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

It's always a good thing for people to voice the reason. I understand the concer... and I'm glad you brought it up.

It could be that they're just not as predominant (sp?) as say.... SSR? Some companies throw the price up on top of a 2 story building simply because they KNOW that their name is KNOWN around the industry.

When you say season.... do you mean a season of nature (ie: summer) or are you speaking of track usage?

I'm aiming at 19" wheels....and have no intentions of tracking such size wheel.

Yeah, I meant a season of track and auto-x. For some reason, the pictures don't make the wheels seem very strong. Even if they are forged, there is no guarantee they did it right and made strong and light wheels.

But, you are right. Lack of a name could easily account for the price difference as well. Which is why I don't discount the wheels fully, I'm just skeptical. Unfortunately for me, I'll prefer to wait and see how strong these really are, and if they are as good as they seem, then the price would most likely go up by the time I would buy.

it's not as strong as a set of Fikse, BBS or HRE.. there are different ways to forge as well as the amount of compression the metal goes through.

18"x8" @ 18 lbs is fairly strong as a rim (pretty much a standard weight coming from Fikse)

SSR (Speed Star Racing) goes through a Semi-Solid Forged design, so their rims are lighter (18"x8" @ 15 lbs) but the actual strengh isn't nearly as high as a fully forged rim like Fikse.

The Mesh Design is known to have the strongest wheel design around.

Nevertheless, a 18x8 @ 15 lbs or so for $350/rim is a very decent price. AFAIK, that company sells directly to the consumer, not to a distributor.

Keefe

• 2 weeks later...
True... But I just ordered my pricey non-forged Advan RS (18x8.5") the other day, so what do I know? :icon_tong

-Mike-

RS? Not RG? I would have opted to get the Advan Siena Generation II in a 18x9 if they ever made it "somewhat affordable"

Keefe

RS? Not RG? I would have opted to get the Advan Siena Generation II in a 18x9 if they ever made it "somewhat affordable"

The RS is a multi-spoke wheel;

http://www.yokohamatire.jp/yrc/japan/wheel/brand/advan_rs/image/pic_01.jpg

http://www.yokohamatire.jp/yrc/japan/wheel/brand/advan_rs/image/de_car_01.jpg

The SGIIs are very nice, but I wanted wheels with easier-to-clean spokes. :icon_tong

-Mike-

• 3 weeks later...

I have the old advan sierra 2's on my rx7. The "battle version". Black mesh, silver lip. The nuts are hidden by a center piece that takes 2 different keys to unlock. So basically I have 3 keys to get the wheels off my car. 1 for the center, 1 for the cover and 1 for all the nuts =/.

Mesh wheels are such a pain to clean too. I might go destroy them on the track when summer comes around. I let them sit in the garage in the winter a couple years back and I guess I didn't clean them well enough. All the salt has eaten away the clearcoat in various spots all over the face and lip. Unless I can find a place that can strip the wheels down and recoat them. Blah.

And I bent one of my konig wheels. Double blah.

Archived