LegacyGT.com

Whoever designed the interior in the new Legacy over at Subaru deserves a big round of applause, and many pats-on-the-back. It is sharp! I always like to size up what I drive compared to other cars, and I can honestly say that our interior is one of the best looking on the market today. Looks better than most BMWs, Infinities and Lexuses IMO. I think the only car the may trump our Legacy is the Acura TSX. That thing is beautiful on the inside. It doesn't beat the Leggy by much, though. I wonder if Subaru recently hired a bunch of people for their interior designs? Maybe they'll make some much needed upgrades to the Forester/Impreza/Baja soon......

i don't think teh TSX is too much competition for the legacy. legacy si much less expensive for what you get, and even stepping up to the GT limited brings you to about the same pricepoint as a tsx, but gives you muhc more. the legs also have awd, which the tsx also lacks. there have also been many problems with teh tsx concerning the rattles,a dn even the plagued acura/honda transmission failures.

I don't know about the TSX's interior, but the TL's is absolutely amazing. I have to give to Acura on the TL, the only thing that keeps me from getting the TL is the FWD. But in terms of interiors, the TL is amazing, and the RL looks like it'll be the closest to perfection with the AWD, hp, incredible interior, features, exterior looks. I would rate the Legacy GT Ltd. interior to be above the Infiniti, Lexus, and BMW's. But to be in the same part as these big boys, they need to offer more high end interior components like a higher output sound system with excellent clarity, sat-nav, little touches like tire pressure monitor, spiffier body designs, etc etc. The Legacy is an amazing package, and at the price it's the most bang for the buck. - Mike

Took my car for a drive last night and I can say that this new interior is really really slick. There is no mish mash of colors that confuse me to no end. There are two colors- red and white, and man does it ever give off a cool feeling to it. Everything was really easy to read and I instantly became a fan of red interior lights after I started it up. Definate kudos to Suabru for this Legacy interior- leagues better than the Accord, and the Camry? Dont get me started. Another thing I like about the Legacy is that the cowl is so low- a rarity in cars these days, especially the Honda. It feels like a sports car until I look in my rearview mirror and see those seats.

I come from the world of Audi's which have pretty much become the gold standard for interiors ( Have you seen the new A8!) , and I must say that I was pleasently surprised by the new Legacy interior. My wife also owns a TSX and I would say that the Legacy is in the same league as the TSX, better than most BMW's but not on par with most Audi's. However, they are certainly going in the right direction.

Actually i dont know what is going on with BMW's interior these days... especially the iDrive. it is making simple tasks more complicated. btw, just saw the new 05 G35's interior: [img]http://g35driver.com/forums/attatchments/315647-interior1.JPG[/img] it doenst have much changes, but ,imo, it has great improvements. anyway, if the USDM legacy has the Nav and the homelink thingy, it will become an absolute killer in the 20~30K segment, no doubt with it.

[quote name='godwhomismike']I don't know about the TSX's interior, but the TL's is absolutely amazing. I have to give to Acura on the TL, the only thing that keeps me from getting the TL is the FWD. But in terms of interiors, the TL is amazing.... - Mike[/quote] I looked closely at the TL before buying the Legacy GT Ltd. The TL's have a problem with squeaks and rattles. Even the car that I drove on one of three test drives squeaked from the driver's side dash. They also have problems with the leather seats becoming distorted, particularly is someone is sitting in them with the seat heater on. The squeaks and seat issues are well documented on the Acura TL discussion boards. On all models, part of the dashboard is black- this includes those cars with tan interiors. I think it makes the interior look a little funny. The black and tan really looked out of place. On other cars with dark interiors (silver/black leather) it would not be as noticable. On a straight road, the TL is a terriffic car- That 6 cylinder engine is smooth, efficient, and plenty powerful. I didn't like the torque steer and FWD with that much power and the stock tires are really crap. The traction control also felt a little weird on a FWD car. I'll take the Legacy for all around driving any day! The TL has a lot of bling inside- sat. radio, excellent sound system, bluetooth cellphone integration, etc. but ultimately I was turned off by the dealerships and the haughty attitude. They couldn't get me a manual with navigation without a two month wait. If they had a good AWD version of the TL, then I would take a serious second look, but as it is I spent 5K less, got all wheel drive and some kick-a$$ performance to boot. No regrets here.... Rimfaxe.

[quote name='Rimfaxe'] The TL has a lot of bling inside- sat. radio, excellent sound system, bluetooth cellphone integration, etc. but ultimately I was turned off by the dealerships and the haughty attitude. If they had a good AWD version of the TL, then I would take a serious second look, but as it is I spent 5K less, got all wheel drive and some kick-a$$ performance to boot. No regrets here.... [/quote] I love all the features and the interior, but that's the only things I like about it. I want good performance and excellent handling. I know I could get a sports car and get that in the same package, but the only AWD sports car that has similar performance and feature is the $40K Audi TT 3.2. $11K+ Cheaper and almost all the features and definitely all the performance and AWD, only gripes are I won't have a sleek coupe, navigation, a state of the art sound system, or a surperb exhaust note. Slightly disappointing, but I will be saving $11K+ and about $1700+ a year in car insurance. I'm sure that I'll be able to retrofit a navi, tweak the sound a bit, and maybe see if I could get a little rumble from the exhaust - not ricer loud but a nice low growl. - Mike

I love the dash layout and the lighting is great, Only complaints I have are: 1) Placement of cup holder and Heater controls is awkard with the Manual. I've accidently toasted myself in july a few times, and if there is a water bottle or something in the cup holder, i bump into it all the time. 2) No Change holder? Ever car I've ever had, including my Forester, has had a change hold on the left hand side above the fuse panel. In other cars i've seen the dispenser kind in the arm rest compartment. In the legacy, i've had to stash change in the ash tray.

[quote name='crapy']the new 05 G35's interior: [img]http://g35driver.com/forums/attatchments/315647-interior1.JPG[/img] [/quote] OT: The G35's don't have cup holders? Damn.... I'd shoot myself if I had to live without cupholders - I always take a drink along on trips. Nothing sucks more than driving for a few hours thirtsy with a dry mouth. BLEH!!!! Back on Topic: I plan on trading up in 3 years from the '05 Legacy to a newer & better optioned Legacy. In three years, all the goodies that we all gripe about because they were left out will most probably be options. Me just Day Dreaming: I think a Legacy GT Limited Coupe with all the goodies would destroy the competition - excellent handling, great looks inside and out, lots of luxury toys, a sporty coupe shape, and great power would surely strike fear in Audi, Infiniti, BMW, and Chysler. - Mike

[quote name='ta2tony']my g/f just bought an 04 mazda 6, the interior is real sharp. but still a FWD car. otherwise i would consider it. IMO the mazda 6 is a beeter looking car than the legacy gt, inside and out. but i buy for performance.[/quote] I don't know about better looking... (all opinion, of course.) the 6 has overly squinty headlights, and odd shaped grille (odd even for mazdas) and the gimmicky tail lights. I like Mazdas and own one, so I am not pre-disposed to tear them apart, but the 6 is visually barely more recognizeable than a new camry. The side of the 6 has less character than the legacy, mostly in the rear window-line cut, the rake to the headlights and hood, and the body crease rising to the rear decklid. I notice similar features to the legacy on the (blech!) Chevy Impala, but somehow everything the impala does wrong, the Legacy does right, and they look distinctly different. Impala=ugly, Legacy=Striking, sporty yet dignified. I wish the Legacy Sedan tail lights were a little more like an A4, or E39 5-series (signal and reverse on top, and clear, red brake, tail and rear fog below) and less like those on a camry, though. There is a crease line in the back of the legacy's trunk lid that it could coordinate with, even.

Archived