LegacyGT.com

Question about JDM 2008 front end.

Someone a bit more seasoned will likely chime in but seeing as if you want to use jdm headlights in a usdm car you need the bumper, fenders and hood to go along with them I'm going to assume you'll need a bumper and very likely new headlights and a hood. This is at least true for 08/09. Pre facelift can swap in jdm headlights to udsm in which case the fenders should work but that doesn't apply to you.

have fun. just finished the front end. i did it by the book thou. you can cut corners with not doing some parts. i would estimate $4000 to finish like i did. i was able to do mine for $3000 complete, but i had a lot of help from members on here and friends oversees. shipping is the killer. parts are cheap.

you'll need a connector piece on the fender to mount the bumper. mine came with it as it was used. the lamps need a lower bracket for mounting. some come with it, some don't. none of the usdm front end stuff works, period. only post facelift bumper beam with foam works. also you'll need to repaint everything. gets beat up coming over.

here is a pic of the front bumper parts. not shown: lamps, lamp brackets, grill, foglights.

for timeframe. it took me 7 months to complete mine. finding parts, painting and then assembling.

IMG_6065.jpg.ff4d5a96c68932d1970d6c819497e421.jpg

4.jpg.4e56fd9d7fa6af77ebeca30fa48cb046.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg.808c98b36bea357c71817d610b8b12d0.jpg

IMG_7227.jpg.265627a659a8de50d77c0ec073b49388.jpg

Are the JDM headlights same as the USDM 2008/2009 headlights?

Also is the JDM SpecB and GT bumpers different?

nothing on the usdm front end works. that's lamps, beam, grill, fenders, bumper, liners. why this is is because they design the front bumper wider then the pre-facelift. the post facelift bumper it 3in wider then the usdm.

too be clear. the front end swap you want to do is called a D~F rev aka, post facelift. for LHD like ours, some parts can be found in EDM. parts that are common fit, like door scuffs, steering wheel, etc can be found in EDM or JDM or Australia. shipping from jpn is the worst right now.

Damn. Didn't realise it was that extensive. Luckily I only plan to install next spring so I'll have plenty of time to search for parts!

yeah, it surprises folks that's for sure. it's really the shipping that stings. they are over sized. my fenders were $800 in total from jpn. they came scratched and a push dent that i had to take out. i might be selling my lamps over the winter. they are brand new. i'm getting the washer ones.

Keep me posted on the headlights. I'll most likely buy them.

Are all Rev d - f bumpers the same?

Wheres a good place to find obscure parts like the fender liners? I would love to end up with a front end similar to yours

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely jdm the 08/09 (don't know the techical letter codes) look very similar to usdm.

Postive, it looks like there is some kind of lip addition to it so that's a bonus.

Negative is its missing a fog and a fog cover. Not sure if they are compatible with usdm. They look the same but I don't know.

Looks completely different to the one that 05MNLGT has. Look at the fog light covers in particular - they look exactly like the USDM fog light covers. And the fact that there is a front lip to make it look like the JDM bumper cover...

Idk maybe I just haven't seen other styles of JDM facelift bumpers and thought that they all look like the one that 05MNLGT has.

I just looked into this after my car was backed into.. From my research, the hoods are the same, and some things can be made to fit. Easiest way is to get a whole nose cut.

The 08/09 have the base models that look similar to the US but the bumpers do not jut out. Then there are the higher models ( spec, STI, special editions) that have different bumpers and grills, even light housings.

This is the one I was going to get. If you are in Canada, he said local pickup is $1k

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113101109133

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty good deal as far as price. And you get the leveling sensor, though I Thi k you need more then just that to get auto leveling to work but I don't know.

I hope they aren't as cloudy as they look on the pictures. If so they're definitely going to need to be cleaned up.

I think you night need the bracket they mount to which then in turn mounts to the car as that bracket is different afaik.

Archived