LegacyGT.com

Thoughts about new KYB struts and H tech

Just wondering if anyone has experience with pairing new KYB shocks with Tein H springs?

Thanks

The H techs are the gold ones right? If so that’s what I have on my car now kyb excel and tein H techs.. not sure if something is with my front end (maybe control arms) I can’t hit anything on the road head on.. be it a large dip or a metal plate the passenger front hits so violently that it jarrs the whole car.

Ive been running this set up for 3 years now. It drops the car least 1inch from stock and it does ride stiffer than stock. If you hit alot of pot holes all at once it really upsets the car like what 1-3-2-4 said. Maybe cause my front control arm bushings are torn. But im sure the ride quality is way better than coilovers.

I also run this exact setup. No major issues at all. I do have some worn front end parts, however with new strut mounts it'll definitely help. I've been running this for 6 months now, and still love how it sits and rides. Best bang for buck IMHO

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do u guys mind posting pics? My 05 have worn parts as well, I’m not looking for a crazy drop. I don’t race, I do primarily spirited driving. I’m looking for the best bang for the buck. Don’t mind spending money on quality but also not trying to spend on things I won’t really use.

Keep in mind that the KYB struts are just OEM replacements. Although they would work with a mild drop like the H Tech springs, it would probably perform better with a set of Bilstein HDs or Koni Yellows. If you're not really looking for much of a drop, maybe a set of Pinks would work better for you?

Keep in mind that the KYB struts are just OEM replacements. Although they would work with a mild drop like the H Tech springs, it would probably perform better with a set of Bilstein HDs or Koni Yellows. If you're not really looking for much of a drop, maybe a set of Pinks would work better for you?

What model is that? Wont that make the ride harsher?

What model is that? Wont that make the ride harsher?

What do you mean by model? Model of the springs or the struts?

You want to always try to pair a spring with a strut that is designed to work for that ride height and spring rate. The KYBs are factory replacements so they aren't designed to work with lowering springs anyways. Lots of people do still but ultimately you're going to be sacrificing ride quality and longevity running the OEM struts

I think hes referring to the STi pink springs. The kyb's I'm using are stiffer than OE, not like the original gas adjust models. More like an in between. They are made for worn oe springs. For a daily, on the less expensive side. They are good. I had a set of these in a 96 Grand Prix, and they were perfect.

Personally, if I had the money, I'd go with Bilsteins. At this time, just out of reach per se..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived