LegacyGT.com

HEeLP!!/Vacation busted brake line.

Not busted...corodded through..

On vacation from Indiana to Fort Walton Beach

05 lgt wagon...I drove the whole way pretty much...let wife drive last couple hrs. We get into Pensacola to pick up her brother and she says the brakes felt bad.

Peddle went to floor..limped to a gas station..put fluid in it and it basically pumped out with pressing the peddle..

Theirs still barely a little brake..and the estop(can I drift it everywhere)...J/K.

Take it to a tire and lube place...

Calls me tells me it's corroded...hard to get to..in a tiny spot or something..they can't do it/make brake lines.

I was hoping it was just the damn rubber line to the caliper...

So now I have to wait til Monday to take it to another place to have them look at it and see if they can get into it and hopefully Fab a new partial line etc..

Tire and lube guy said it looks like a big pain in the ass to get to etc..possibly 5-6 hrs...100$ in labor..I'm screwed out of maybe 600$ish bucks possibly..

Called another place..he talked like it'd probably be cheaper but he's further away..

Waiting til Monday basically to take somewhere else close to the original tire and lube place I went to...

should I take it to the stealership near here..?

I even considered shipping the car home even and getting a rental...which would cost morre ultimately..

What say u..opinions...etc..

Yes I started seeing the recall info. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll fix it. Still unsure what I'm gonna do exactly.

Hell I'll drive it to the dealer..I drove it from Pensacola to ft Walton...then to the shop..then back to condo...it's at 80mph on the interstate heading home that I really want brakes haha.

Well just dropped her off at a shop that's been around for 40+ years...went to the stealership before...Subaru guy won't be in till Tuesday (it's a joint dealership..volkswagon etc..)blabla order parts Tuesday work on and fix wendesday....

We r supposed to have car packed up and leave Wednesday .

Dealership guy printed records of car etc...showed the recall and that the one wq47 had been completed...guess they spray some BS coating on the lines to help stop corrosion??? Said maybe I could call SOA and they'd open back up the recall..

Doubt full right?

Hopefully this shop can get her taken care of.

Also it's funny being a Subaru owner in smaller Midwestern town and hardly seeing other Subarus ..coming to Florida...on the way to the dealership Legacy wagon silver just like mine basically drove by...with a crap load of stickers...then at the shop parked behind a wrx wagon.

FWIW, My 05 had the recalls done, when the brake junction box failed in the driveway, I had AAA flat bed to the dealership where they replaced all the metal brakes line under warranty, 8 hour job. cost me zero. FWIW, I bought my 05 new. also have a good relationship with my local dealership.

There are threads on here where some didn't get it covered. Call SOA if you have to.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Made it home....

Shout out to Playground Automotive in Fort Walton Beach, FL for getting it done...and for a lot less than estimated...other lines are probably going to require some attention soon also.

I may call SOA still...it seems everyone that's had these problems it's always the same..lines corrode in the same spot...same fluid leaks etc.. under the car in the same spots.

Some they'll fix...some they put up a fight and won't pay for.

SOA may give you a coupon for what you paid to have this work done. I'm sure you have the paperwork saying what that shop did.

Make sure you call them and see about getting the job completed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I would check to see what was replaced because if you paid to have work done to fix something that should have been covered for free at a dealership under the recall...

I had the recall performed on my car TWICE - wax sprayed on rust - and it failed 2 years later so the dealership replaced all of my rear brake lines. You need to become familiar with the recall and start playing hard ball with SoA if it should have been covered.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dealership-denied-rusted-brake-line-repair-recall-smoking-guni-269642.html

Archived