LegacyGT.com

Licence Plate Relocation

Hey Guys,

So I made the switch from an 05 Legacy to a 15 Legacy. My 05 had a spot in the front to mount the factory tow hook that I used to mount my license plate. My 15 does not have a cutout or tab to remove to access a front tow thread/hole. I have seen 6 gen outbacks with the front bumper cutout, and do not mind drilling a small hole as it will be covered by the plate. However before I go ahead and remove the bumper to measure, does anyone know if the female threads exist?

Hey Guys,

So I made the switch from an 05 Legacy to a 15 Legacy. My 05 had a spot in the front to mount the factory tow hook that I used to mount my license plate. My 15 does not have a cutout or tab to remove to access a front tow thread/hole. I have seen 6 gen outbacks with the front bumper cutout, and do not mind drilling a small hole as it will be covered by the plate. However before I go ahead and remove the bumper to measure, does anyone know if the female threads exist?

No front tow hook on these. I think there are some versions of those relocate kits that can be screwed onto the lower grill. Look around.

I hate the front plates with a passion. I would just not put it on, but I know some states are more anal than others. Not sure what your situation is...

Archived